Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Enlightened quotes?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  2:41:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found these quotes to be fascinating, considering the source:

"Now when I say 'I', it seems hollow to me. I can't manage to feel myself very well, I am so forgotten. The only real thing left in me is existence which feels it exists. I yawn, lengthily. No one."

"A pale reflection of myself wavers in my consciousness. (...) and suddenly the 'I' pales, pales, and fades out. Lucid, forlorn, consciousness is walled-up; it perpetuates itself. Nobody lives there any more. A little while ago someone said 'me', said my consciousness. Who? Outside there were streets, alive with known smells and colors. Now nothing is left but anonymous walls, anonymous consciousness."

"Consciousness exists as a tree, as a blade of grass. It slumbers, it grows bored."

"It dilutes, scatters itself, tries to lose itself on the brown wall, along the lamp post or down there in the evening mist. But it never forgets itself. That is its lot."

"There is knowledge of the consciousness. It sees through itself, peaceful and empty between the walls, freed from the man who inhabited it, monstrous because empty."

- from Nausea by Jean-Paul Sartre

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  3:31:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice quotes, thank you.

I was wondering if there is talk of "enlightenment" or enlightenened/enlightening talk in the philosophy field.. So this is really very interesting!

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  5:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yonatan,shopenhauer is a good example of enlightened philosophy also.Hes very influenced by eastern philosophy.

Edited by - miguel on Jul 28 2009 5:26:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2009 :  5:44:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks miguel. I read his page on Wikipedia, very interesting.

Edited by - Yonatan on Jul 28 2009 5:46:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2009 :  01:57:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
much thks Manipura, i admire this guy and i like his famous quote: "hell is other people."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000