Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Amrita Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:11:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends,

Wasn't sure which forum to put this under so I put it here....please feel free moderators to move this to the appropriate location should you see fit...(I know you would anyways, just saying)

My question is pretty simple...I don't know much about amrita and I kinda like it that way...less expectations then. BUT, for the past month or so I have been having these wierd scents happening and I am hoping others with experience in this area can help me figure out if this truly is an amrita thing or if it is something totally unrelated. What has been happening is I have been finding that every once in a while, lets say a couple times every other day, I get this strong, non-localized, smell that is kinda flowery, soapy, and reminds me of girls sorta. It often seems to be coming from my hands, but when I directly smell them there is no scent like what I am smelling. (usually only a grease smell from touching locomotive wheel sets) This has been happening off and on for a while now, and I have been spending too much effort trying to find the source of the smell (which is always the same by the way) and am having absolutely no luck...I often notice it when I wake up in the morning and thought maybe it was the laundry detergent on my sheets or something, but those smells don't match. I thought maybe it was a soap I was using on my hands, but none of the soaps I ever use match the smell either. I don't use a lot of smelly products, in fact I really only use 1 regularly and that would be deoderant, but again, these smells don't match at all. Is it possible that I am getting these scents do to amrita release or am I just being silly and imagining all this?

Love,
Carson

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 28 2009 12:19:09 PM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:43:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,
Yes it sounds like it is amrita.
Here is a piece from Yogani's Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli book that he had posted here. I have the aroma part of it underlined.

When there is sufficient inner silence present via the daily practice of deep meditation, and then the breath and body are brought into the process via spinal breathing pranayama, asanas, mudras, bandhas, and tantric sexual methods, we will notice three things occurring.

1. An expansion of sexual energy from the pelvic region upward, with part finding its way into the GI tract.

2. The natural retention of air in the GI tract.

3. The interaction of food with the sexual essences and air in the GI tract.

The natural combination of these three elements in the digestive system through an emerging higher form of digestion gives rise to a new substance emanating from the GI tract, which permeates the entire body. Much of this penetration occurs as this substance enters the spinal canal and rises up through the chest cavity to the head. The highly penetrating and sometimes intoxicating substance produced in the GI tract has been given many names. A name prevalent in yoga is soma. The word soma also refers to a hallucinogenic plant, which is not what we are talking about here. In Taoism, the GI tract, when engaged in this higher functioning, is called the caldron, recognizing the alchemy that is occurring there – three ordinary substances (sexual essence, air, and food) being combined to create an extraordinary substance that is a key to the process of human spiritual transformation.

The process continues in the head, with further refinements occurring in the brain, which lead to another substance being secreted through the sinuses, down through the inside nasal passages, into the throat and then down into the GI tract again, where it joins in the process already described. This recycling of subtle essences leads to even more refined processing in the GI tract. The substance coming down from the brain into the GI tract is referred to as amrita (nectar) in the yoga tradition. It can sometimes be experienced as a sweet aroma in the nasal passages and taste in the mouth.
The overall experience of this combining and transformation of substances, and the recycling of the resulting essences in the body leads to large flows of ecstatic pleasure throughout the body, and the radiation of energy beyond the body. This is why those who are advancing in spiritual practices are sometimes said to be radiant. There is a specific neurobiology behind it. In yogic terms, the body-wide radiance of ecstatic energy indicates the rise of the mythical quality of ojas, which is a greatly enhanced manifestation of vitality that is easily noticed by others.

Edited by - Shanti on Jan 28 2009 12:43:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  12:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti... I think I had read this before but it is good to read it through again....I do not have any "taste in the mouth" during these times (or at others) so I wonder if it really is amrita or not. I also don't know that I feel any of the 3 things Yogani said I would notice either...but then again I have been having the most odd GI tract stuff happening these days, so who really knows!? I DO have "full body orgasms" when I practice tantric sexual practices, and I don't have external orgasms so my semen is going into the GI tract, but the only real "symptom" of amrita I am noticing is the smells. I didn't want to post about this earlier because I really wanted to do some investigation first and try my best to find the source and discredit my own thoughts that this could be amrita before I said anything here on the forum...but I can't find the source and this has been happening for a while now so I had to ask....Is it possible that the process Yogani is describing in the pasted section above is happening and I am just not "feeling" it and am only noticing the effects instead? Thanks for your input folks!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  1:10:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson:

When the source of the sweet flowery aroma can't be located, it is likely a hint of amrita (nectar) in the sinuses and nasal passages.

Enjoy, and carry on. Favoring practices over experiences, of course.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  1:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Thanks Shanti... I think I had read this before but it is good to read it through again....I do not have any "taste in the mouth" during these times (or at others) so I wonder if it really is amrita or not.

Yes.. aroma or smell is an experience of amrita. I have had that too. In a bit you will taste it too.
You do practice pranayama and tantra.. so even if you don't feel it.. the process Yogani has described is going on. When you say you have GI tract problems.. do you feel bloated and have trouble with digestion?? esp. after a meal???.. that is one of the things that happen in the initial stages when "soma" is produced.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  1:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
quote:
Originally posted by yogani

When the source of the sweet flowery aroma can't be located, it is likely a hint of amrita (nectar) in the sinuses and nasal passages.
Enjoy, and carry on. Favoring practices over experiences, of course.

Thanks for clarifying for me and don't worry....practices get priority over anything, experiences or otherwise

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2009 :  1:50:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shanti,
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

Yes.. aroma or smell is an experience of amrita. I have had that too. In a bit you will taste it too.

mmmmm.....exciting AND delicious.

quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

When you say you have GI tract problems.. do you feel bloated and have trouble with digestion?? esp. after a meal???.. that is one of the things that happen in the initial stages when "soma" is produced.

Actually yes, this is in a nutshell what I am experiencing. And the bloating causes me to feel as though I need to void myself more often then I actually do as well. I have found that nauli kriya greatly helps in this aspect and since I started spending a little extra time doing nauli I have found that my stools have hardened a little which is good as I was having excessive diarrhea. (sorry to be so graphic) Thanks for your help!

Love,
Carson

P.S. Is it normal to feel much better physically during this "stage" when my stomach is empty? Often nowadays even when I am hungry I don't really want to eat because I know it will make me feel worse and I usually feel pretty good when I am hungry....but this could still have something to do with the quitting smoking of pot too of course.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 28 2009 2:45:38 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000