Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 This third eye thing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  1:21:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Strange but the less I care about the outcome the more outcomes i seem to get.

Anyway I have read the lessons on third eye opening and wondered if anyone can confirm exactly where I am in this.

At present I am experiencing a sensation like my brain is being sucked gently near my eyebrows. It's quite pleasant and faintly sexual as it seems to resonate around my body from root to tip at odd times, quite nice really .

Now I was expecting this sensation to be around only when meditating and doing SB (phew that getting to be a very powerful sensation that sometimes makes me feel as if I'm going to burst from my body, joy and ecstasy all in one like a permanent orgasm through out my body )

Anyway this strange and new sensation seems semi permanent and can suddenly start tingling quite strongly depending on circumstances (it's like Spidermans, spider sense) and I have absolutely no idea why it suddenly starts being stronger although I seem to experience it when my concentration levels begin to increase......say, at a busy road junction.

Is this the third eye opening and what exactly does it mean. There does not appear to be anything that says exactly what is happening except to say it is the rise of ecstatic conductivity.......and that means ?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 29 2009 1:24:35 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  1:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  1:33:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi karl,

I can't tell you for sure if this is the third eye opening or if it is just a symptom of purification, but I can relate to what you are feeling. Just last night while sitting and listening to the discourse presented during a meditation group I attend on Wednesday nights, my third eye spot was "on fire" the whole time. This is pretty normal for me these days so I try to pay little attention to it. I also find that others pick up on this "energy". During this meditation group (which I am just attending not leading) the teacher repeatedly asked me to comment on the conversation even though I had nothing in particular to say, and I found that my classmates seemed like they couldn't stop staring and smiling at me. It almost weirded me out until I realized that I was sitting there with a slightly abnormally sized grin on my face the whole time. I used to have the sexual feelings you are talking about and I can feel the connection between the third eye and the root, but lately I have been feeling the connection between the third eye and the heart more then the root. The tingling/burning/itchy third eye feelings now seem to be drawing heart energy and moving it upwards more then it is drawing up the sexual energy. Not sure if this is a natural progression for everyone but this is what is happening for me. My suggestion to you is simple...enjoy. You are doing well. Just be prepared to self-pace should things pick up or should you start to feel irritated outside of meditation. As I have been told by Shanti and Katrine in the past, "sucking" feelings are often a sign of needing to pace. Good luck and practice safely!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 29 2009 1:50:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  2:43:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for a good question, Karl! I'd like to add some more questions on the same theme: Does the third eye awakening also always bring clair- abilities (-voyance, -audience etc) of all sorts, or are those very individual gifts not necessarily awakening at all when the third eye is awakened?

Are you experiencing any of that, Karl and Carson? Any ability to see auras etc?
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  3:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc.

I am not experiencing any psychic abilities, although I am not looking for them. What I AM experiencing is an increase in vivid and meaningful dreams and a definite increase in the ability to read people and what they need/are looking for, and be that (or a mirror) for them without effort. All my "psychic powers" are used up from my days of Ketamine abuse.

Love,
Carson

P.S. Oh yeah, and I am getting a LOT more activity in the head and face...like having a vibrating strip from my top front two teeth up the bridge of my nose, over the head and down the back to the heart area. Usually makes my face numb. And I've been getting repeated sinus infections as well. Neti Kriya isn't helping much these days cause one nostril is always too plugged. Don't know how related this stuff is, just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 29 2009 3:23:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  4:35:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Thanks for a good question, Karl! I'd like to add some more questions on the same theme: Does the third eye awakening also always bring clair- abilities (-voyance, -audience etc) of all sorts, or are those very individual gifts not necessarily awakening at all when the third eye is awakened?

Are you experiencing any of that, Karl and Carson? Any ability to see auras etc?

Nope, nothing that I can pick up on. Just the same as CarsonZi, I seem to be finding things incredibly funny at the moment. I cant stop smiling. Well it's not suprising when you keep getting that feeling that you experience during sex, not orgasm, just the whole exciting bit, total involvement with another person.

Couldnt stop laughing at Casons description of the big stupid grin..............laughing as I write this I'm definitely with you.......we must be sharing a joint.
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2009 :  5:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Karl, Carson, emc,

I have similar sensations, starting maybe 9 months ago while doing Kriya Yoga, which have intensified since starting AYP about 4 months ago. It started out as a feeling of energy in my crown (despite doing no "crown specific" activities), and then began to arc down to my 3rd eye at the same time. The more I do AYP, the more "dominant the 3rd eye energy is, and it has extended down to the bridge of my nose and also from the crown halfway down my back. At times I feel like I'm wearing an "energy helmet", with energy swirling all over my head

I get the energy virtually everytime I read/discuss/think/write anything spirtual (ie, I've got it right now). My impression is that it is a sign of the purification taking place and the energy pathways opening up and strong Bhakti. Just this morning during sitting practices (Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka) I had a very vivid image in my third eye of a green circle with a black hole in the middle, with the black sometimes changing to blue, but no sighting of the "star"...yet

No "clair" abilities, but similar to Carson definitely becoming more intuitive about people/situations
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000