New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  12:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by themysticseeker

To the extent thoughts arise from contacts they exist. To the extent the contacts arise from your volition they exist. To the extent that your volitions arise from your desire and attachment they exist. This is all your doing; this is karma.

To the extent that you don't desire, don't cling, don't will, and don't contact, thoughts don't arise.

Your consciousness, your thoughts, your contacts, your actions are your desires. Your desires are your karma. This is one stream of becoming existence: desiring.
The cessation of desire opens the window to the ...

Are you saying that any movement whatsoever i.e. anything that is not complete stillness - is karma?
In other words the whole of existance is karma?
If this is what you are saying then sure, all thoughts are karma, including thoughts that arise from insight.

quote:
This is one stream of becoming existence: desiring.
I like this TMS, this ties in with my insight also.

Can I ask, what are the other streams, if any?
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  3:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sparkle, Indeed. Then there is meditation and the result of meditation. The spontaneous perfection, and the training that provides a clear channel for it. This is not thoughts; this is not karma. Rather, the relief from it.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  05:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TMS
I like the word "stream", it describes to me how life passes through as a continuous stream of nows, no thoughts are possible, just the ever present life spontaneously arising and dying as a continuous experiencing.
My own term for it is non-identifying mindfulness, where mind, in this context, is something bigger than thoughts.
It sits in the middle between non-duality and duality, between form and the formless.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  09:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another name is instant empty awareness.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000