Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Channels on left and right of spine?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

seeking

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  7:27:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit seeking's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all. I'm new to the practice so if this is a pretty basic question... please be gentle :)

I've just begun my spinal breathing practice and I'm finding that energy flows up my left side more easily than the right. I've also found that energy flow down my right side more easily than the left. Is this a common occurrence? Also, is it a problem or should I allow my attention to literally circulate?

Thanks for any help!

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  12:51:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi seeking,

quote:
Hello all. I'm new to the practice so if this is a pretty basic question... please be gentle :)

I've just begun my spinal breathing practice and I'm finding that energy flows up my left side more easily than the right. I've also found that energy flow down my right side more easily than the left. Is this a common occurrence? Also, is it a problem or should I allow my attention to literally circulate?

Thanks for any help!

Welcome to the forum.

You don't need to worry about energy moving in your body during spinal breathing, unless it becomes uncomfortable. Usually energy moving up or down the right or left side of the body is not uncomfortable (i.e. does not cause suffering). Simply stick to the procedure of moving the attention with the breath between the root chakra and the brow chakra.

If energy movements do become uncomfortable then you will need to self pace. See the self pacing link on the right.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  04:35:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello and welcome to the forums :),

these are the channels for ida (left) and pingala (right) on the right and left of the sushumna which is the central channel.

there's no need to worry about what's going on, unless you start to experience some uncomfortable symptoms and then it is advised to do some self pacing: http://www.aypsite.org/38.html

actually you feeling the flow from these sides is concidered to be a good symptom and might be the result of some past practices.

but it's very important to be experiencing the energy flow in the sushumna 1st bcz it's the most important channel and all the enlightenment process and working from it down from root to third eye chakra stabilizes everything.

we first start with the enlightenment of the sushumna the main channel and from there on we start to expand outwards beginning first with the ida and pingala.

if you are interested in the process of spiritual transformation it is very much advised to read all the main lessons, you'll find some very good stuff in there about the mentioned above plus a lot more in detail.

warmest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

seeking

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  11:42:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit seeking's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you both for the reply. It helps to know that those feelings shouldn't be my focus right now. Happily, there are isn't any suffering in those feelings. In fact when I feel the ida and pingla balance out it seems like my peripheral nervous system vibrates in a pleasant way (or lights up... not sure how to describe the sensation). Anyways, I'll keep reading the lessons, searching for the sushumna, and let those other sensations be for now.

namaste
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000