Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 meditating when tired ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  09:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I had to stop meditating the other day because I was just too tired. After being energised by SB I thought it would allow me to carry on and meditate but was just overcome with tiredness, so much so that I knew I was nodding off and not meditating. Took this as a sign to self pace and simplay stopped once I had that realisation.

Would that seem about right ??

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  10:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If the tiredness is a result of meditation and not tiredness from lack of sleep, then consider it as purification. You can lie down for a while, without mantra. The tiredness may go away and you can continue meditating. If you can, always come back to the practice you're supposed to be doing in the alloted time. If you cannot, have a rest and continue with your day.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2009 :  2:36:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tadeas

If the tiredness is a result of meditation and not tiredness from lack of sleep, then consider it as purification. You can lie down for a while, without mantra. The tiredness may go away and you can continue meditating. If you can, always come back to the practice you're supposed to be doing in the alloted time. If you cannot, have a rest and continue with your day.

Tiredness as a result of heavy study followed by a brisk 12 mile walk in the mountains in zero degree weather

Edited by - karl on Jan 13 2009 5:13:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it was the Dalai Lama or Buddha that once said, "sleep is the deepest meditation"
Go to Top of Page

lakshmi_shegar

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  05:37:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit lakshmi_shegar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi porcupine,

That's True, I am too a great believer in this point that sleep is the best form of meditation.

Thanks,
Go to Top of Page

Shredder

USA
34 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2009 :  08:54:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shredder's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

[/quote]

Tiredness as a result of heavy study followed by a brisk 12 mile walk in the mountains in zero degree weather
[/quote]

Hi Karl, while I certainly can't speak for you, I've been tired lately as well. lots of stuff going on including my wife being hospitalized 100+ miles away. What I do is in mediation ask for energy, and it seems to come. It seems like yellow white sparkles fall over my body, and renews me somehow. At times when asking my hands resting on my legs raise up to shoulder level, I don't know if this is cause or effect, but I just go with it. Maybe you could ask for energy.....shredder
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000