Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 happiness/duality
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  10:59:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Happiness comes from within you

Happiness comes from things outside of you

It seems on the "yogic" path many people say happiness comes from within, I ask, is this beyond duality or still confined in duality?

Inside of me I am happy to be me because, I accept my students for who they are. I believe children are equals to adults, I have forgiven my mother for things she has done and this has helped her to forgive herself, inside I have realized no one can be perfect, inside my heart I desire the best for people, in my heart I I wish peace to people, in my heart I can laugh at my sometimes seriousness of things, I can step back and observe myself. Those are some of the reasons I am happy to be me, reasons on the inside

Things more on the outside of me. I am happy to eat a candy bar, happy to listen to good music, happy to see my students smile, happy to lift someones spirits in tough times, happy to have my car, happy to live where I do, happy to have the friends i have, happy I am not alone, happy to have the money I have, happy to take a hot bath, happy to get a massage, happy to have sex, happy to see an uplifting movie

take a coin, it has a heads and tails, however between the two there is a space, the thickness of the coin. on a flat table you can balance the coin on this side, the third side. with a coin standing up you can look at both heads and tails, lay a coin flat and one side of it is concealed. I believe a standing coin is beyond duality. Happiness comes from within, happiness comes from the outside,? Maybe it comes from both, beyond the duality.

we are one, in the same
brother Neil
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000