Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Gotta love this forum!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  12:30:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I posted a question today in one fo teh forums and got responses from people in Canada, Sweden, Czech Republic, and the US. That's awesome in my opinion!

Not only does this forum bring people from all over the world together, but it does so in a kind, loving way. All too often the anonymous nature of the Internet brings out the worst people. But in this forum, users most often communicate in a loving manner.

Additionally, AYP has really helped me to deepen my meditation practice and I have exchanged emails with some truly neat and interesting people.

Thanks Yogani!!!!

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  01:18:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes!

It is refreshing. I feel that there's an unspoken understanding on this forum, that while we all walk our separate paths, we're all in this together. And now it's spoken

With Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  06:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sure, because we all meet in inner silence don't we :) Just that we're not aware of it a lot of the time... But since this is a forum of people who practice, this silent understanding is much more present than in most other places :)
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  01:15:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, this place is great. It is amazing to me that everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and experience here.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  03:26:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This forum is where I experience the deepest connection and understanding of any other place on the internet (or the 'real' world for that matter). I wonder if we all used to be monks in a monastery some lifetimes back :P

Edited by - Chiron on Jan 07 2009 03:53:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  7:54:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

Yeah, this place is great. It is amazing to me that everyone is so willing to share their knowledge and experience here.

Hey Steve !

I travel to Japan regularly !
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  07:27:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Really, what part? I live in Nagoya.
Go to Top of Page

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  6:25:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well, all parts

I've been all around Japan. Tokyo, Nagoya, Osaka, Kyoto, Fukuoka, Kagoshima, Fukuyama, Sapporo...
I play in a symphony orchestra, and since people in Japan love European classical music so much, I'm a regular guest there. They're our best audience, love to play for them.
A couple years ago, I visited Nikkó. That trip turned out to be the beginning of a spiritual opening. I'll never forget.

mettá, Roman
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  10:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't been to Nikko yet, but it is high on my list. Last year I saw the Dalai Lama speak in Ise (Mie Prefecture). That was a big event in my spiritual journey needless to say. Generally, he doesn't visit Japan very often because it usually causes so many problems with China every time he does. I feel incredibly lucky and blessed to have seen him.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000