Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 helping blind people see?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  2:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings folks,

One of my buddys is blind. He hasn't been blind since birth, and thus I reckon still has a pretty vivid imagination.

Now I've seen certain things that can be done through mirroring\open third eye sort of happenings. I was wondering, if I helped him with distant healing sort of techniques\taught him how to meditate, if he might one day be able to mirror sight out of me or other meditators, or even just any normal people.

The thing is, I know it's possible to "send visions" to people, but I don't know how much of that is actual vision or imagination. Sending like actual sight to someones imagination, please tell me it's possible.

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  5:24:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think you can do that; major healings depend on the unshakeable belief of the person being healed and don't usually last. the reason is his karma has a reason for his blindness, so it's best for him to accept it and learn how to live with it.
But having said that, the fastest path for him to be healed, if it is in his karma for that to happen in this life, would naturally be to remove karma, and this is done by daily practices and living life to the fullest.

If he is not meant to see this life, then along the path to enlightenment is often other senses that will be heightened by daily practices. one of them is ability to see without the eyes. I have experienced this quite a bit myself. But you have to find inner silence to do this.

So I would suggest you help your buddy to do ayp practices, not with the promise of any healing or psychic phenomena, but for the sake of living life to the fullest, and see what comes of it.

The first step for either of you is to get to the point where you don't see his blindness as a disability. I know that's monumental, but you can find other blind people who have achieved this, and they are incredible people.

There was a blind boy on the Ellen Degeneres show. He said "I'm not blind; I just can't see."
They showed him playing basketball, and playing video games! They showed him walking down the street, and pointing to a parked car, saying there's a car there. He made clicking noises and listened to the echo. Ellen gave him a Wii video game set and he said he always wanted one of those; he "saw" them on the internet!

Edited by - Etherfish on Dec 27 2008 5:32:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  10:07:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hells yeah, yeah, my buddy plays freaking paintball haha. He has mighty good ears, could point out where you're at with just slight noises with crazy accuracy.

Thanks for the reply Etherfish. It's basically what I was thinking. I don't want to get the guys hopes up. I'm like you, I've seen enough "non vision"(psychic vision) sort of stuff to be convinced that it could help him, but I'm still not sure how much it's tied to actual vision... and it could take a while.

I did samyama on sight for him for a little while. I felt I learnt basically what you said, but part of me still hopes so much for him to like... just be able to see smiles and stuff like that. It helped me appreciate my sight a lot more. I think a mini miracle happened too, but not exactly sight related, but thanks for the reply. I know no matter what the love I sent him for a miracle of sight is never wasted. It definetly takes some letting go. But thanks man. I think I'll speak to him about it next time I see him. Just about meditation and how there's "psychic sight"... honestly, I'd keep him in mind for weeks on end, sending him as much third eye energy as I can if it could help.

I'm still wondering if anyone can confirm any facts on "sight without vision", like for sure.
quote:

one of them is ability to see without the eyes. I have experienced this quite a bit myself.
Can you say for sure that it's like... more imagination related? That it has nothing to do with actual vision. I've like, seen it plenty too, but it like... moves with the eyes, which is why I'm kinda worried of getting his hopes up.
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  10:13:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If he is congenitally blind, especially, I'd be fascinated to know how his third-eye experiences are. Because he has not point of reference (presumably) he would not be able to describe third-eye vision as being comprable to eyesight, but for all we know he and other blind people "see" but could not possibly describe the sensation in such a way that we would liken it to eyesight.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000