Deep Meditative State/Sleep Paralysis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2010 :  03:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by pgerossi
– Words dont really do it justice of the horror I felt....

...numb and its as if the human condition needs to awake

Hi Pgerossi,

Welcome to AYP where you may find that the answer to every question is the same: Practices.

Body/mind experiences are regarded as scenery on the journey. As we progress more deeply in to silence, an awareness cultivated by the practice of Deep Meditation, we are more and more able to witness intense mind/body experiences --even experiences of utter horror -- from a place of complete non-anxious bliss.

I have experienced sleep paralysis, and with it, that sense of complete "horror." For me, that horror is witnessing the human condition of mortal limitation and my complete participation in that mortal limitation. This flesh shall die and rot (even as new life is springing up).

Such glimpses can be very valuable in terms of giving us a desire for change. "This is the magic formula -- desire toward a goal, which spawns action toward that goal. Continuous desire is the fuel. Daily action is the fire."
http://www.aypsite.org/12.html

Once again, welcome. Check out Yogani's main lessons and see if something clicks for you.

Be
Go to Top of Page

xir

Ireland
25 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do this all the time.

Out of body experiences are common. One time, a short time ago, as I fell asleep, I was aware that I was also awake too, and I felt this hand pulling me up. It was quiet unusual experience. I have many occurrences of people watching over me, in my dream state, some are strong and some are weak.

Mostly, sleep paralysis if you allow it, it may turn lucid and you wake up and are not longer paralyzed. Sometimes, I retain my memories from the experience. Mostly, there is a view that I am still a child, and quiet often I view myself like this, but it was felt it was a problem for me, from the impressions 'of this place' in the 'feeling / astral' realm where sometimes there is a 'feeling' of others, but upon awakening, there is a feeling too, that it was all me, and yet, others I have been in contact, know more about this than I.

This happens to me, regularly, after qi-gong, lately. I wonder how meditation will affect me. I will be interested to see.

I used to get half botched awakenings, where I heard this gushing screaming noises, before I could entirely wake up out of the dream or sleep paralysis, and this caused me distress.

Normally, I find myself 'stretching out' to the light, only to find myself in a dream, because I am scared. After several attempts, and feeling the light switch keep turning off, I eventually wake up, and then I realise I'm not sleeping anymore, but sometimes it takes some time to 'wake up' from the sleep paralysis, and yes, it can be quiet scary.

I just allow it though, or document the experiences. I don't think they can hurt you. I've had other experiences, where I felt intense pressure around my body at night, like someone hugging me, and this is my 'impression' too, kind of like 'someone out there looking after me', and this is a feeling I love feeling, and sometimes I surrender to this feeling rather than the fear, when I feel 'this happening' which you can feel if you are aware as you sleep.

Mostly, happens when I am very relaxed :)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000