Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Nervous
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  3:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I cant do more then 2-3 days in a row DM atm, as im getting highly nervous afterwards. The DM is always wonderful. Im also resting after the DM, but that doesnt help.

Would you suggest to keep it low, without much negative feelings or go for it and try to release what wants to be released?

Im an impatient person, just so you know :)

Thanks
Pan

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  4:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Panthau
[br
Would you suggest to keep it low, without much negative feelings or go for it and try to release what wants to be released?

Hi Pan:

I personally do not recall feeling highly nervous after DM. Nevertheless, right now, as I reflect on your situation, I think I can empathize. I am feeling a highly nervous feeling -- the sort of feeling that makes me think like I need to take a walk to get grounded.

It is good that you are taking the time to rest after each session of DM. How long do you sit in DM each sit? Do you do it twice a day? Are you following AYP DM? Are you using caffeine?

My inclination is to say "go for it" but that's me. You have to find your own pace.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2010 :  7:23:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi,

I cant do more then 2-3 days in a row DM atm, as im getting highly nervous afterwards. The DM is always wonderful. Im also resting after the DM, but that doesnt help.

Im an impatient person, just so you know :)

Thanks
Pan

Nervousness is a sign that the prana isn't flowing smoothly. It might just be a time thing, and you'll have to wait it out. Sometimes, trying a new practice or activity will bring a breakthrough.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  03:29:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your hints, guys! Its more a nervous/depression/anxiety thing. Feels like an
emotional blockage, and im not sure if it desolves through 2-3 times a week DM (which is ok so far) or everyday meditation (which brings it up heavily).

@bewell: Im doing 10mins of pranayama and 15mins of DM only once a day atm, as twice a day is too much for me atm. Im following AYP DM of course and i dont use caffeine at all, as that drives me totaly crazy. :)

Thanks
Pan
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  04:56:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Panthau,

When I started out with AYP I also felt nervousness/anxiety after practices. For me, it was a sign that I overdone things. I brought practice times back to 5 minutes of SBP an 10 minutes of DM and that did the trick. I also noticed that I can handle a lot more, if I have sufficient physical exercise during the day. Especially a good Hatha Yoga session with a lot of standing postures help to smooth things out. Good luck!

Edited by - Medea on Nov 06 2010 05:20:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2010 :  10:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

@bewell: Im doing 10mins of pranayama and 15mins of DM only once a day atm, as twice a day is too much for me atm.

As I understand the recommended steps in AYP, first step is is DM. After DM is a smooth routine, add pranayama.. For the cultivation of inner silence, stillness, you may do well to consider DM alone without any pranayama. DM alone is a powerful pracitce with an impact on the nervous system: http://www.aypsite.org/15.html
Go to Top of Page

Medea

Netherlands
115 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  04:33:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by bewell

As I understand the recommended steps in AYP, first step is is DM. After DM is a smooth routine, add pranayama.. For the cultivation of inner silence, stillness, you may do well to consider DM alone without any pranayama. DM alone is a powerful pracitce with an impact on the nervous system: http://www.aypsite.org/15.html

Yes, but SBP is also a great balancer if things get rough. For some (like myself) it's not possible to practice DM without SBP. Yogani talks about this in lesson 160 - Extreme sensitivity to meditation - what to do?:

quote:
Originally posted by Yogani

Another thing you can try is some light spinal breathing before meditation (5 minutes or so), as given in the lessons. This can help smooth out meditation. Spinal breathing is very good for balancing unruly energies in the nervous system, which includes mind and emotions.

Panthau, in this lessons you can find several recommendations on what to do when you are too sensitive. Experiment a little to feel what works for you and what doesn't. AYP is a flexible method that can be suited to your needs. You just have to find out what they are :)

Edited by - Medea on Nov 07 2010 08:44:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2010 :  11:11:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Medea
Yes, but SBP is also a great balancer if things get rough.

Interesting observation from your own experience, Medea. Lesson 160 is new to me.
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2010 :  02:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for your hints guys!

Yep i thought SBP is more for balancing? Yogani says that normaly it shouldt overwhelm someone, thats why i stay with the 10mins atm.

Atm im slowing it down a bit, but thats what i did the last weeks... as i said im impatient, but those feelings are too much for me atm. Right now im getting into the enlightenq.com program, maybe that will smooth things more out.

I already had a time when SBP was too much, it then feels like the whole body is burning from inside, and theres some nervousness too. Thats not the case atm, at least no inner sunburn :)

Gotta watch it, i guess.

Thanks again,
Pan
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2010 :  07:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Panthau,
I may be way off base here, and forgive me if I am, but I´ve been thinking about your post, and wanted to ask you a question. Outside of practices, have you ever experienced anxiety or depression? The anxiety part after comong out of meditation could be a conditioned response from triggers in the past to bring on anxiety, and maybe the brain is mixed up, confusing anxiety with "feel good endorphins."

As for depression, I really don´t know. Perhaps it´s the going within, that people with depression don´t want to, because then they must face and deal with things that they don´t want to.

If this is so, then you can work from there.

L&L,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2010 :  09:31:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the hint nirmal. Im sure there are some triggers, though havent found out all of them yet :)

The moment i stopped spinal breathing i felt a lot better. Havent done it since a few weeks, just DM with binaural beats. I feel a lot of heat in my back now and then, particular in the evening, even though i dont do spinal breathing. Seems like i´ve overdone it a bit.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000