AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 samyama and the heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  3:04:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste my friends,

i want to share some of what i've been going through with my samyama practice and i hope i'm not mistaking or desillusioned but plz correct me if i am.

all replies and opinions are welcome.

lately i've come to the realization that samyama seems to be a heart chakra practice even though we are not taught to be focusing on that area.

all of the letting go i'm doing during my samyama session seems to be going and melting in the area of the heart where to me it seems that this is the biggest radiator of inner silence.

when working on the ajna during spinal breathing pranayama, an automatic relation is established between root and center brow and mulabandha is always automatic at that phase in my personal case and ecstacy conductivity rises up during that.

on the other hand during samyama, it seems to me that all the work is going on the heart chakra and there is an automatic connection working between the heart and all the sushumna (all the chakras and body) but it directly stimulates kundalini and again there is automatic mulabandha and then there is something rising but it's not ecstacy it's inner silence.

so is it all kundalini energy becoming more refined through the process of activating the heart by the practice of samyama?

Ananda

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, for me samyama seems to be felt mostly in the area where most purification is happening and it doesn't seem to be oriented towards any specific chakra. But who knows :)

For a time, I've also felt it mostly in the heart chakra, but for some time now, it's more like a total, coordinated letting go on every level and it causes the crown to open and that's inner silence and unity rising as you say. Actually while that's happening, it's beyond words and the heart and crown don't seem different :)

And yes, I also think this is a refinement of kundalini. Towards a letting go that encompasses the whole cosmos :)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  4:43:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Tadeas, that's true it works through out all the body and effects all the chakras i've noticed that and mentioned it and all i'm saying is that it seems to have the heart as it's centre.

thk you for nice input.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  5:14:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

Thank you for sharing

Just some....observations:

quote:
lately i've come to the realization that samyama seems to be a heart chakra practice even though we are not taught to be focusing on that area.

Sometimes - the "i am" mantra can also "seem to be a heart chakra practise" Nevertheless - we gently favour the mantra over that noticing. Not because it is wrong to notice - simply because we are transcending all images and forms and locations.

quote:
all of the letting go i'm doing during my samyama session seems to be going and melting in the area of the heart where to me it seems that this is the biggest radiator of inner silence.

Ananda - wonderful that you experience the melting

After practise....I can notice all and everything I want......

During practise:

The letting go is the practise. The letting go is also the noticing. The letting go is the location.

And - be it inside or outside practises:

The biggest radiator of inner silence is....inner silence

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  02:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
:) namaste Kantrine, and thk you for your input on the subject.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  10:07:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

For me the inner silence in Samyama brings out emotions to an extraordinary degree. "Love" brings out that feeling - pulled or magnified by the silence - until I am love. I am still not comfortable with the feelings which arise even after months of practice.

Namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2009 :  9:13:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,
yogi bhajan was once asked
"all these practices, this and that, etc.. etc... what Must one do?" Yogi Bhajan took his pointer finger and placed it on his belly button, then with the same hand planced his thumb on his heart canter and said "all you have to do is move from here, to here" Nithyanand has a book, guarenteed soulutions, in it the first chakra he talks about, The heart chakra. You have heard the saying, "love conquers all" So you ask for our advice, I ask you to trust yourself. if it feels right, worry not what others think or say. You may have found or experienced the "it". If you allow, thinking may take you out of "it" If you have peace in the heart, stay there, what more could you ask for? In your samyama of the heart, if you want to say my name, Neil, I would be honored
My love and trust to you, trust that you know
Brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Jan 04 2009 9:16:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  03:30:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brush and Neil,

i say to both of you thk you for the kind words and i'll mention you both in my prayers.

kindesrt regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000