Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 I AM mantra subconsciously or during sleep?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  07:54:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Greetings!

I am about 1 year into my meditation practice and 2 months into AYP. My practice presently is:

10 minutes of spinal breathing
3 repitions of Yonui Mudra
20 Minutes of I AM mantra

I always finish this in my morning meditation. However, sometimes in my evening meditation I get sleepy and cut the meditation short. When this happens, I usually just walk over to my bed and lie down and fall asleep. However, my meditation sometimes seems to continue in my sleep. I will awaken and it will seem like I have either been dreaming the I AM mantra or saying it subconsciously.

Of course, I see nothing wrong with this. Just curious if if this happens to others and interested to know others insights as to what is happening.

Thank you in advance for sharing your insights

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  09:49:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you feel rested after you wake up in the morning?
Do you feel clear headed after you wake up in the morning?

Some people feel like they cannot sleep well if they meditate too close to bed time. Yogani says
quote:
http://www.aypsite.org/213.html
Make sure you do your practices in the early evening before dinner, and then have some good activity (physical, mental or social) in the evening before bed. This will help smooth it out – it helps integrate the inner energies before bedtime. If we meditate right before bed, it can lead to that kind of restlessness, like a "buzz" going on inside, because meditation is a preparation for activity. Activity after meditation is an essential part of integrating and stabilizing pure bliss consciousness in our nervous system.

Some people feel groggy and fuzzy headed in the morning if they fall asleep right after meditation.
Meditation Hangover

If you feel like all of this is not a problem with you right now, I guess you can go ahead with what you are doing. However, just keep the symptoms in mind.. and if you do start experiencing any of these, try to meditate a bit earlier.. being active for a bit after meditation and before sleep is the best way to go, but if that is not possible, do something for a few mins (read a book, watch TV) and then go to sleep.

Wish you all the best.

Edited by - Shanti on Dec 20 2008 09:50:08 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000