Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 dreams, visions + core and cosmic samyama...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  12:19:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
salute from beirut my friends,

i have some questions to put out there anyone who can contribute on any point is welcome to give it.

1st- i'd like to know your opinion on cases who see visions on a daily basis or like my personal case scenario dreams on a daily basis plus seeing some visions now and then since i was a kid but mostly during sleep and spiritual practices rarely during the day except for the visions of lights who are not so rare and a lot of seeing stuff b4 it happens or seeing people b4 meeting them.

2nd- the relation of core samyama with visions and intuition, and even better yet it's advice from deep within in the form a voice which made me remember and act toward doing smthg concerning my brother who has passed away from this world this last summer in a car accident i hope he's resting in peace.

3rd- the relationship between cosmic samyama and dreams, cz whenever i do that practice b4 sleep i experience like 50 dreams or so in one night.

you try and imagine waking up and remembering all that.

4th- does anyone here know a way to stop dreaming?

5th- this is not another question it's for those who would say it's all scenery; guess what?!! i know it is and i don't give it too much attention i just let it go.

smthg to read for whoever is interested on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream

well that's it, hope it's not too much.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Dec 03 2008 11:05:10 PM

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  12:51:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda:

Visions will come and go and we will know their meaning as we continue through life without clinging too much to the ideas we may have about them. I think you know well the relationship between experiences & visions and practices, and how we favor the practices, and self-pace practices if experiences become too uncomfortable or intense.

There will be things that happen in our life that stay with us. Some events we will never really "get over," like the loss of a loved one. But in time they can become a quiet loving part of us in everything we do. The bodies go, but love radiates forever.

If the dreaming is too much, it can help smooth things out if you switch your cosmic samyama to be at the end of sitting practices (before rest) instead of at bedtime. That way you will have more opportunity to ground the expansive effects of the practice in activity instead of taking them into sleep mode. Cosmic samyama is inclined to be a more stable and progressive practice that way.

Keep in mind that in AYP it is suggested we do not do any ongoing practice at the expense of keeping a normal sleep pattern, which is essential for maintaining our physical and psychological well-being.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  12:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello yogani, and thks for your input on the matter at hand.

p.s: i don't eat b4 sleep, just in case som1 had that in mind.
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  3:01:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

salute from beirut my friends,

i have some questions to put out there anyone who can contribute on any point is welcome to give it.

1st- i'd like to know your opinion on cases who see visions on a daily basis or like my personal case scenario dreams on a daily basis plus seeing some visions now and then since i was a kid but mostly during sleep and spiritual practices rarely during the day except for the visions of lights who are not so rare and a lot of telepathy and seeing stuff b4 it happens or seeing people b4 meeting them.

2nd- the relation of core samyama with visions and intuition, and even better yet it's advice from deep within in the form a voice which made me remember and act toward doing smthg concerning my brother who has passed away from this world this last summer in a car accident i hope he's resting in peace.

plus seeing some personal stuff which might be explanations concerning his whereabouts right now. (and sorry if i do keep these for myself)

3rd- the relationship between cosmic samyama and dreams, cz whenever i do that practice b4 sleep i experience like 50 dreams or so in one night.

you try and imagine waking up and remembering all that.

4th- does anyone here know a way to stop dreaming?

5th- this is not another question it's for those who would say it's all scenery; guess what?!! i know it is and i don't give it too much attention i just let it go.

cz if i am to give too much interest in it, than i would say that i've been into hell and back and visited... and met this angel and that.... and build all my opinions on the dreams i see concerning my personal life.

it's all stuff which i don't care about and doesn't mean anything to me and i've met others like myself who got lost and have megalomanic ideas of themselves bcz they went through such experiences. (they think that they are very special)

well that's it, hope it's not too much.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Peace to you Ananda. In your past life you have opened the doors to the pathways of consciousness. It is confirmed in this life because you are along the path, far along. The visions, dreams and prophecies are the Cosmic Mind communicating with you, but you are not let it interrupt your practice.

You cannot stop dreams anymore than you can stop breathing. Let them come and go like clouds, eventually you will look continuously at the clear sky. My recommendation you to would be to stabilize your self with the slow long breath.

If you are experiencing kundalini, which it sounds like you must be, do grounding practice. Yogani may not agree, and I defer to Ji, but if you were to try a bit of standing meditation, with feet together, knees straight, arms and hands perfectly straight, like a soldier, middle finger touching side of thigh, you mind experience some grounding. Let the belly go, and breath wholeheartedly with the upper chest while saying AYAM.

A little twist I do is the imagine a cord connected from the center of the Cosmos to the top of my head, down my spine, out my ass and into the center of the Earth. I imagine that it is like twine twisted and swirling like a corkscrew down into the Earth.

Ah...

TMS

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  4:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello TMS and thk you for the good advice my friend, will keep it in mind and maybe put it into practice.

and concerning grounding and stabilizing this mind of mine i only experience that during samadhi. (smthg which i was able of harnessing due to yogani's advanced yoga practices)

plus during self enquiry which leaves me empty but not empty plus relieved and blissfully happy like in samadhi which occurs more often during deep meditation and cosmic samyama and core samyama for me is like doing bliss bastrikah and when that happens these waves of bliss sooth my mind in a very beautiful way than i become "bliss" for just a sec hopefully it will be longer by time.

light and love,

Ananda

p.s: my crown chakra is already activated (had a premature crown chakra opening in the beginning of this year), but i don't mess with it a lot and found it a lot better if i don't.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  03:26:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Sorry to hear about your brother, I hope he is O.K. My brother also died in a car accident, but many years ago now.

Nisargadatta once said that if you stop dreaming during the day, you will also stop dreaming at night. Krishnamurti said that dreams are only for the indulgent... those who indulge in thoughts when they are awake.

I was wondering, why do you think that your crown opening was premature?

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  05:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i like Nisargadatta's thoughts on the matter and am focusing more on that by doing self enquiry the samyama way.

but concerning Krishnamurti i sort of disagree with that guy on a lot of matters but i do like reading some of his stuff.

and concerning my premature crown chakra opening, i think it's mostly due to the practice of alternate nostril breathing guess i pushed it a bit too far and this is what mainly lead me to it.

as well i give a lot of thought concerning reincarnation and past life practices cz it seems to be very logic why me and not the other guy, why is this guy a handicap and the other is healthy...

plus i was affected by yogani's words on reincarnation in the lessons cz they seem very logical plus i relate to a lot of them and i've read from some of the teachers from Swami Sivananda's lineage like swami Satyananda Saraswati that the kundalini sometimes gets stuck in a certain chakra during one's lifetime and then in the next life it wakes up from that chakra but the purification downstairs is still needed of course...

and i was wondering, why were you wondering about my premature crown chakra opening.
oh and i do indulge with some of my thoughts, especially those related to enlightenment and finding ways to help others on the path plus some of the personal stuff concerning my life but I’m letting go of all that stuff nowadays into stillness (samyama).

and by the way, a lot of the enlightened guys i've read about do dream daily.

and an enlightened lebanese politician who has passed away now used to be a good friend of krishnamurti and did have those dreams and a lot of the poets and suffis had their best visions and poems during dreams.

but i've come to the understanding now that my dreams will change and become more refined in their intensity when i have a more purified nervous system.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Dec 16 2008 12:22:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000