Enlightenment Milestones
 Conflict Resolution
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 26 2008 :  8:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends,

Today I realized I have had a breakthrough. Not an "acute" realization persay, but more of a gradual change that has happened that I am now just becoming aware of. Many of you probably have some inclination if you have read any amount of my postings, that I enjoy a good arguement, and that dialectic conversation is a love of mine. I have always been the type of person who will play devil's advocate in situations even when I am arguing against what I believe, just to have human connection from conflict resolution. I have just realized that all my life I have been in dire need of human connection and the only way I have been able to satisfy that need is through conflict resolution. Finding conflict, resolving it, and being new best friends with the person I was previously in conflict with. Today, I feel that need for human connection much less strongly. I still love talking with people, and experiencing things through others perspectives via conversation, but I am much more able to just be content being connected to myself. And I am finding as well that I am now shying AWAY from conflict as I find pleasant conversation much more inspiring now. Quite a change for me. Anyways, I just wanted to share this little "milestone" with you all, I hope you enjoyed.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 26 2008 8:43:04 PM

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  08:19:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh, I don't know Carson
It's hard to beat a good steam up coupled with a good arguement, after all what's the point in being pleasant all the time, a bit boring, is it not??
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  10:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Louis,

Didn't really mean I'm shying away from ALL conflict, kinda meant that I am no longer going LOOKING for conflict. This was my past MO. Find, or create, conflict if I can't find it, relentlessly try to resolve said conflict, and revel in the human connection involved with finding the common ground. And I don't mind being a little boring now. I've had more action in my short 27 years then most people would see in 5 lifetimes. I'm due for a bit of boring old silence I think.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Nov 27 2008 10:42:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  10:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have gone through something similar, where I don't seem to need human contact so much. But the emphasis is on need.
I still enjoy it, and don't try to avoid conflict. In fact I seek out human contact and like it. but life is so much easier when we don't feel that need anymore.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  11:11:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Exactly. No longer NEED to find conflict to feel human connection. Still enjoy human connection, just a more peaceful connection. One not revolving around conflict resolution anymore. I actually get more human connection now then I have ever gotten before (through my new job at the homeless shelter) and I am loving it because I can just enjoy it now instead of controlling it. Much easier, much freer.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  3:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Hi Louis,

Didn't really mean I'm shying away from ALL conflict, kinda meant that I am no longer going LOOKING for conflict. This was my past MO. Find, or create, conflict if I can't find it, relentlessly try to resolve said conflict, and revel in the human connection involved with finding the common ground. And I don't mind being a little boring now. I've had more action in my short 27 years then most people would see in 5 lifetimes. I'm due for a bit of boring old silence I think.

Love,
Carson

I was just seeing if I could wind you up, my Irish sense of humour
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2008 :  4:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good thing you are way over there on the other side of the pond or MY Irish sense of humor might have picked a wee bit o' a brawl wit ya. haha. Thanks for the laugh.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

themysticseeker

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  2:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit themysticseeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

Namaste Friends,

Today I realized I have had a breakthrough. Not an "acute" realization persay, but more of a gradual change that has happened that I am now just becoming aware of. Many of you probably have some inclination if you have read any amount of my postings, that I enjoy a good arguement, and that dialectic conversation is a love of mine. I have always been the type of person who will play devil's advocate in situations even when I am arguing against what I believe, just to have human connection from conflict resolution. I have just realized that all my life I have been in dire need of human connection and the only way I have been able to satisfy that need is through conflict resolution. Finding conflict, resolving it, and being new best friends with the person I was previously in conflict with. Today, I feel that need for human connection much less strongly. I still love talking with people, and experiencing things through others perspectives via conversation, but I am much more able to just be content being connected to myself. And I am finding as well that I am now shying AWAY from conflict as I find pleasant conversation much more inspiring now. Quite a change for me. Anyways, I just wanted to share this little "milestone" with you all, I hope you enjoyed.

Love,
Carson

Hi Carson! I had a similar experience, I would like to share with you. When I got back into meditation some years back, I was getting out of a relationship, and leaving a time of my life when I would always defend others no matter what. When I started meditating, the brothers of a person who I had fought against, were talking to me about their brother. I started defending him in my dream. His brothers said, "you are addicted to care-taking." Then I woke up. That was a big realization for me at the time.

I had become addicted to defending others, and entangling in self-destructive co-dependent relationships. AT that moment I realized that I this urge to entangle out of a misplaced sense of care. This is not the correct care, because it robbed me of peace. Tranquility and peace are precious.

From then on, I was at peace "with myself." I no longer feel the need to entangle in others problems. I'm content to be still in a meditative state. I only come out to spread a little joy.

We are the Cosmos.

HA!

TMS
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing this story TMS. Tranquility and peace ARE precious, I just hadn't realized this before....I had placed much too much value on activities that created conditions for human connection no matter the cost. It wasn't healthy. Times are a changin' for me though. Peace and tranquility are overflowing these days. Thanks again bro.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000