Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Upper legs shaking?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  3:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
LOL, here's another one of those topics..I think I got 3 on this page already but I've actually been practicing EVERY SINGLE DAY..Something that I haven't done with a meditation ever but since I've had that purification experience and been experiencing all this inner silence I actually have motivation because once you get a taste of that inner silence you don't wanna lose it BUT my question is that sometimes when I do the meditation I feel a wave of energy in my head then it might go away come back and I feel it from my head to my throat then my head, throat and chest then the next time around it stops at my upper legs and I feel this altogether in a continuous wave of energy...I just ignore it and favor the mantra but why the legs though?..How does the legs tie into all of this?

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  7:46:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
why not the legs? your whole body should be feeling it at once, you must have some blocks, keep going, have you tried meditating in some shallow body of water? If this doesn't work, or you just feel like it, completely underwater, thats a sure way to clear up any remaining confusion (use a snorkel!!).

Edited by - porcupine on Nov 20 2008 8:59:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  8:29:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I know your whole body is prone to having "stuck emotions". Repressed emotions or energy that needs a clearing. It's pretty weird, sometimes you'll feel like a knot on your elbow and realise it's connected to your chest, and that clearing one sends energy towards the other (kinda like, you focus on one, and it can seem another just "appears", but I think it's that focusing on one knot or emotional blockage, can clear it out a bit and allow the stuck energy, stuck emotions to make it to the other).

I think this is why spinal breathing works really well, since the sushuma is like the main pathway for energy, so as you clear out blockages in it, other blockages throughout your body can receive the energy it needs, the awareness and what have you not, to clear out and allow a freer flow of energy.

Working on the spinal nerve will probably clear out your whole body eventually. Even just mantra meditation, I know can help purify things.

I remember when looking into microcosmic (or was it macro?) orbit meditation, they mentioned certain energetic points on the knees, I think the big toe too. That might be worth looking into.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000