Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 newby intro
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

confucius

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  11:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit confucius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I am suli, I believe I have had a spontaneous K awakening on 08/08/08 with no previous spiritual guidance and I want to connect with others who have had a similar experience, I have many questions but no idea where to begin or what to say, or do!

I tried yoganis "I am" meditation, "samayana" "spinal breathing" practice - and felt they work for me....

have so many different things happened to me energetically that I really don't know where to begin so I will talk about what happened yesterday.

last night while meditating before going to sleep, felt myself vibrating in a different way then ususal...then this energy precense came from the right side... (felt like when you have the shivers running down your back but coming from the side?) anyway came into me or was tranfering energy into me until my entire left side was tingly with the prickly energy....but just the left side and started to wonder about it....when another presence on my right side also coming/transfering energy into me, but this one felt different...the prickly energy was more "sharp" the prickly sensation had more of sharp pricks to it....to say it was a bit uncomfortable is an understainment anyway as that energy was "filling" me....i actually have no concious memory of what happened next... woke up in the morning with a sense of having pulled an all nighter studing kind of feeling to my brain didn't feel tire but neither rested.

then today I just finish letting out what can only described as intolerable pain from the heart....the pain was so tremeduous i wanted to reap my heart out just so i wouldn't have to feel it anymore if that made sense...even my kidney hurts!

any advice, insight, anything you can give be will be graciously welcome also any questions.

I look forward to more communications with you lovely people,

P.S excuse the typos have dysgraphia

Edited by - confucius on Nov 18 2008 02:16:10 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  02:51:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Suli, and welcome to the forum.

quote:
then today I just finish letting out what can only described as intolerable pain from the heart....the pain was so tremeduous i wanted to reap my heart out just so i wouldn't have to feel it anymore if that made sense...even my kidney hurts!

With spiritual practices it is possible to overdo things, and if you are getting seriously uncomfortable sensations like this, then it is a good idea to back off from any practices that you are doing until things settle down to a more manegable level. It is also good to do some serious grounding work, to help ground out the energy.

See here for self pacing in spiritual practice:

http://www.aypsite.org/81.html

There is plenty of advice on grounding here in the forums. Just click on search (top right) and run a search on the word "grounding".

It is quite normal to feel energies coming from different directions, once your kundalini is awakened, but it is not at all common to pass out from them. The severe pain in the heart is also not common, and is a sign that you are processing more than is healthy right now.

Once you have managed to stabalize things a bit, you could gradually re-introduce some spiritual practices, adding a twice daily meditation practice, and adding in pranayama and samyama in time, as long as things stay stable. Stability is the key to long term spiritual progress.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 18 2008 03:03:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  12:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by confucius

Hi, I am suli, I believe I have had a spontaneous K awakening on 08/08/08 with no previous spiritual guidance..

triple lucky!

quote:
I tried yoganis "I am" meditation, "samayana" "spinal breathing" practice - and felt they work for me....

awesome!

quote:
..then today I just finish letting out what can only described as intolerable pain from the heart....the pain was so tremeduous i wanted to reap my heart out just so i wouldn't have to feel it anymore if that made sense...even my kidney hurts!

ha! my right kidney has hurt for awhile too.. think it has something to do with stagnant negative emotional energy that was imprinted during childhood.. been working on moving that up to heart center (along with spinal breathing) in loving awareness.. and the progress is positive

sometimes my heart gets feeling a little 'clogged', especially when i get moving a lot of that blackness in a short time (surge!).. here are some things that may help:

- running/jogging/hiking, especially uphill
- drinking lots of fresh, filtered water
- eating raw veggies/greens
- practicing compassion (everything is you)
- greens+ (that stuff is amazing) http://www.greensplus.com/

- listening to crystal bowls (steven halpern, 'crystal bowl healing', especially the first two tracks 'stargate: invocation' and 'golden alchemy' are amazing for shining up the heart!)

http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Bowl-...28994&sr=1-1

- bastrika pranayam! http://www.aypsite.org/171.html

joyful journeys!!
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  1:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi confucius and welcome.

I believe I understand what you are going through. Like you I had what migth have been kundalini awakening/symptoms (I am not completely sure yet but definitely "disruptive intense energy feelings" is a good description ) and this was also unrelated to formal spiritual practices (a lot of inquiry, etc., but not a formal practice).

Along the months and years of this I realised some things that helped me: lots of water to drink during the day; conscious breathing now and then, especially from the belly; taking it easy with myself (lifestyle choices); walking (not fast, but just some walking) and in general just trying not to vent out the energies too much, just trying to keep balance (in my case I noticed everything stimulating, that brought energy to the head, was bad - I suspect the crown might have something to do with this). But I also believe that each case is different and you have to get to know what is happenening to you and the things that work by little trials and errors.

Also, search the forums for more information on kundalini/energy imbalances and remedies. there is good information here, if you are able to filter it out and above all apply it to your own situation.

What really was the turning point for me was AYP deep meditation. I started slowly (and still go slowly) with about 10min twice daily. It was incredibly grounding and centering for me allowing me to remain stable in daily life and seemed to "centralise" the energies somehow so they ran smoothly, no effort having to be made durting the day to control them, as was previously the case (draining!). In short, it was what I really needed. So, there is something you can try and see if works for you.

On the other hand spinal breathing was a bit unconfortable for me - too much presure in the head, or neck constraints or even an open crown could be to blame. I felt (and still feel) it unpleaseant going up to the head and down from the head, like pressure builds up in the head. But it seems Spinal Breathing is very useful for a lot of people so it might work for you in balancing those energies. I found that, for me, Microcosmic orbit (with descending flow down the front of the body) was much more effective in my case, although I now tend to not do any bretahing exercise as it can further stimulate my energies (it is all about inner silence and stablility for me now! - dont want to get those waves rolling again!)

Well, sorry for the long text, hope this is helpful. I guess the ultimate advice is try to follow your inner guidance. It will let you know what is best for you if you learn how to listen. If you got here to AYP I think your inner guru is working!

P.S.: I have that left/right side energy things, mostly on my left side. Now I just let them happen, and, with time, they become more refined and pleasurable, all energy experiences. After some time, with inner silence present, you are better able to surrender and let the energy flow and then the seas calm. All the best.
Go to Top of Page

confucius

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  10:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit confucius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello everyONE

thank you much for the warm welcome and all your advice, will read up on them!

talking about the expirienced i mention on my first post....this is what happened yesterday.

there is an energy/presence on my right side since yesterday early evening, is still next to me.

the energy follows me around the house...it's just there...how or what is one suppose to do about it?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000