AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 ommm vibrating within!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  1:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste my friends,

it's too good to be true but i experienced it, i used to think that the meditation induced tinitus might be the sound whom some yogis mistake to be om vibrating within.

but that changed yesterday; it wasn't just om vibrating, it was om in every cell of my being and literally beyond.

i think what i experienced was a scenary, but i must admit that it was one hell of a scenary that i should share bcz of it's beauty.

what happened is the following: at 4 am yesterday i just woke up in ecstacy and stayed in bed and then suddenly i started hearing the sound of a musical instrument.

the one which is made of golden bars and produces a sound similar to the sound of a bell. sorry but i don't know it's name; it's the one whom a guy uses a stik to hit the bars with.

anyways after that i started glowing literally from the inside and i said wow what's happening to me and then that light started spreading from inside my body toward the outside of my room and it literally shined in all the room.

i said what the hell am i going crazy, i was simply bedazled and then suddenly there it was ommmmmmmmmmmmmmmm resonating in all my insides and it started going into a higher speed but i was in control of it someway somehow.

i started accelerating it's speed and slowing it under my command and it felt as if it was purifying every cell in me; to say it plain and simple it was beautiful.

but as usual even in that peak experience self pacing was needed bcz whenever the speed was too much it didn't feel comfortable unlike when it was at a lower speed where i experienced bliss, plus ecstacy, plus purification which is a beautiful fiery feeling.

at the end... if there was an end to that experience i sort of blacked out and then woke up 3 hours later but felt the need for sleep badly but had to go to work so i did some Dm cz i didn't have the time for Sbm and after that went on to work.

just liked to share this scenary or whatever it is with you guys, and to the moderators i'm sorry but i don't know if this post should be in the enlightenment milestones forum or not cz it might be just plain scenary along the way.

i trust you'll do the right thing, and any comments on the subject by anyone arround here is appreciated.

plus i would like to hear your opinions on the matter at hand my dear friend Christy about when do yogis hear the om inside and how do they experience that.

light and love,

Ananda

Edited by - Ananda on Nov 08 2008 12:46:11 AM

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  04:14:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:
plus i would like to hear your opinions on the matter at hand my dear friend Christy about when do yogis hear the om inside and how do they experience that.

Great post, thanks for sharing that.

I am no expert on the Om sound and it is great to read about your experience. The only thing I can say is that I have seen energies experienced in different ways. So the same energy can be heard, or felt or seen, (or all three) at different times. So when prana is spreading into every cell in the body, and radiating out beyond the body, it can be felt as ecstasy, or seen as a tangible light in the room (or inside), or heard as a sound.

I guess that eventually it is seen, heard and felt all at the same time, throughout the day and night.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  09:25:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

Christi said:

quote:
So the same energy can be heard, or felt or seen, (or all three) at different times.

This is my experience also.
The Shine is felt, heard and seen. At first maybe at different times and maybe one or two at a time, then gradually all three at once at all times, inside and outside equally.

Just enjoy it, Ananda

Also, read Yoganis lesson here:

http://www.aypsite.org/53.html

and here:

http://www.aypsite.org/121.html

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  1:22:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you Christy and Katrine, that's very kind of you.

you are good friends, wish you all the best on your path and your personal life.

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  2:24:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again, Ananda

I just thought I'd mention.....since you said "I know this is scenery".........

that the sense, the sound and the light....what I call the Shine......is itself known.

And the knower of it is THAT.

And it is this that you really are
Sort of like the pupil of an eye (which is always empty....just an opening...a circle in fact) that cannot see itself - but enjoys preceiving everything else - which is imbibed with the holy spark from itself.

So it is seeing itself in motion - enjoying this scenery

Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda, i wouldn't rule out the possibility of imagination, delusion or similar effects.

As you can see, even long time AYP forumers do not even know your experience. After all, it could be tinnitus.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  8:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is my understanding that tinnitus is in the ears. This spiritual energy must be making it much worse if it is in every cell of your body! I would see a western doctor right away. Ha!

I want to see that scenery...

The instrument is probably the xylophone - metal bars hit by mallets,
with resonating tubes underneath. A marimba is the same with wooden bars.
The bars on a xylophone are usually silver colored, but can be gold plated to look cool.

Oh, you may be thinking of "chimes", an orchestral instrument made of a series of long, gold pipes that are hit with a mallet.

Edited by - Etherfish on Nov 08 2008 10:24:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  9:15:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda
...it wasn't just om vibrating, it was om in every cell of my being and literally beyond.

lovely.. thx for sharing!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  11:56:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you everyone for dropping by, dear gumpi don't worry i haven't ruled them out i'm a very logical and practical person plus this isn't my first time arround scenary so i guess i know it when it's there and it usually happens when i start adding new practices and this time it was the second enhancement mantra.

concerning tinitus well that's a whole lot different story my dear etherfish cz this was ommmm not the sound of tinitus which is sharp.

and what i've been through was definitely something else plus i see lebanese doctors who have mostly studied in the west now and then and don't worry about me i'm perfectly safe plus i checked out the storry of meditation induced tinitus in the past directly with a doctor and found out that when i stopped the form of pranayama that i've been doing those days it stopped and when i returned it came back it isn't such a big deal.

plus all the people from the kriya yoga lineage have it i don't know if aypyers do but it definitely came back to me when i started doing Sbp and they call it the divine sound in other buddhist traditions.

in my case it's just plain old scenary (just one of them peak experiences).

but to say it might be hallucination or dellusion or such i don't know if this can happen to someone who doesn't do drugs or have any mental problems of his own but rather who is very active mentaly but anything is possible and time will tell us if i am a nutcase or this is just some scenary along the path.

oh and concerning the xylophone, you got that right thx for sharing.

p.s.: thk you katrine that's a lovely post and you're welcome my dear friend delta.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  12:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I believe you Ananda; I was joking.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  12:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
dummy me , guess i've missed the ha!

don't worry my friend, either you where joking or not i know you meant well you are a good person and that i know from b4.

god bless,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  01:08:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

Twice a week when Amma (the hugging mother) is in her ashram, she has someone read out a guided meditation which she made up to everyone present. One of the lines of the meditation is:

"Imagine every cell in your body radiating this love".

Just wanted to share that.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  12:20:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you for sharing that christy.
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  04:11:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for sharing Ananda.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  8:00:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I hope I experience something similar someday. The K energy is much different in me. It's like water that is starting to boil. It bubbles up here, then there, no pattern at all; just random places in my body at random times.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  9:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi arzkiyahai, it's nice of you to drop by and i just want to add on that this is definitely a scenary and more probably a sign of overloading even though it was a nice experience.

cz after 3 days from it i started feeling uncomfortable using the third enhancement mantra so i self paced back to the 1st one (as yogani instructed) cz i am a lot more stable there and feel that i can add on new practices but whenever i do i experience overloading symptoms i had with yoni mudra kumbhaka first and now with the second enhancement mantra.

and hello again dear Etherfish, trust me i don't know why but i've been having these kind of experiences ever since i was a child (maybe it's past life practices who knows).

they come and go now and then but after engaging in spiritual practices for about almost seven years now i've noticed a pattern that these scenaries or enlightenment milestones always do appear whenever i add on something new to my practices or b4 i meet a spiritual person or learn new stuff.

i know this sounds weird but it happens with me and i have no definite explanation for it.

but all i can say is that from this past year when i found ayp after searching for ketchari mudra, it was like i've found home the place i belong too like i've been arround this place and most of the guys here and especialy the teachings whom feel so natural to me.

plus everything question i had in mind was explained and experienced.

Ayp is definitely a treasure, i feel like i've found a gold mine and i wish for the rest of humanity to chime in with us.

god bless you yogani and all the heart giving teachers that came b4 you. (probably one or two of them might of been you )

light and love,

Ananda

p.s.: i hope you would experience which is most valuable and true (divine outpouring love), that should be our aim everyone all the rest is just enlightenment milestones and plain all scenary.

Edited by - Ananda on Nov 12 2008 9:52:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Propundit

USA
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  10:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Propundit's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would suggest the idea of resonance as a possible explanation. Om has traditionally been described as the sound of the universe.

Whether this is the exact frequency that the known universe really vibrates at, or whether Om is representative of of an internal state, I can only speculate. I cannot comment on whether this was a breakthrough in consciousness or a side-show on your path to development, but thank you for sharing a description of your experience and starting a discussion.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Propundit

I would suggest the idea of resonance as a possible explanation. Om has traditionally been described as the sound of the universe.

Whether this is the exact frequency that the known universe really vibrates at, or whether Om is representative of of an internal state, I can only speculate. I cannot comment on whether this was a breakthrough in consciousness or a side-show on your path to development, but thank you for sharing a description of your experience and starting a discussion.

thk you for dropping by my friend, you're most welcome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000