Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Still no kundalini?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  10:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys

I feel wrong asking this question because it seems to me that I am striving for something. Actually, it more elicits the fact that I AM striving for something...but I'm going to ask it anyway.

How long did it take you guys with active or percievable kundalini to feel it from doing practices? I have only felt it through drugs, which I haven't used for a while. But, I do miss it and wish that I felt like I was making advancements in that arena. I have been doing AYP for about 1.5 years and I found it very frustrating in sadhana last night that I am STILL doing spinal breathing and not really feeling anything. I keep thinking of people on these forums that, after a couple months, talk about this and that sensation.

Also, what started this thought was I was re-reading about siddhasana and mulabhanda, both of which I do. I also went to a Bikram class with a friend who has never done anything like this and he experienced activity in the 2nd chakra...without even knowing what it was. I became sad that I never experience any of the sexual feelings that yogani talks about during practice. I can;t help but keep doubting myself and thinking I am doing something wrong.

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  09:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

Nothing wrong with striving for something! Actually it's quite healthy and is called bhakti. Anyone who wants nothing at all is called enlightened, and wouldn't be practicing yoga cos they wouldn't need to.

What's your whole practice routine, includng asanas, mudras and bandhas and how long does it take?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Nov 17 2008 09:29:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2008 :  5:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do DM for 20 mins twice a day. I do SB also for about 5-10 mins with mulabhanda and sambhavi. I have been attending a Bikram yoga class a couple times a week.

Actually, last night I had a very deep meditation due to the effects of Bikram yoga on my breathing rate during the day bringing me into stillness. I had an experience of seeing a "parallel" reality through my third eye (I assume) while my eyes were closed! That and seeing an aura. These experiences at the time were a bit frightening so they made me appreciate once again the slow pace of yoga. I suspect if I go through this cycle 55 more times maybe it'll stick :-)
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  03:34:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony,

quote:
Actually, last night I had a very deep meditation due to the effects of Bikram yoga on my breathing rate during the day bringing me into stillness. I had an experience of seeing a "parallel" reality through my third eye (I assume) while my eyes were closed! That and seeing an aura. These experiences at the time were a bit frightening so they made me appreciate once again the slow pace of yoga. I suspect if I go through this cycle 55 more times maybe it'll stick :-)

A yoga teacher once said "everybody wants experiences until they get them". I don't remember who it was.

Have you thought about adding any other practices to your routine? Spinal Bastrika between spinal breathing and deep meditation? It's your call of course. If you have been stable for a while with your existing practices, and you feel the desire to progress faster, this is a very powerful practice. And it only adds 2 minutes (if that) to your practice.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2008 :  5:03:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Christi. Very good and true quote!

I will check into that practice.
Go to Top of Page

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2008 :  02:18:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know what to tell you as I've just started up doing my practices again after a month's hiatus but what I could tell you is once you stop wanting something is when it usually hits you in the face...You might want to try a systematic outline for awakening the Kundalini and, if your willing to put in time, you can find that in the book titled "Kundalini Tantra" by Swami Satyananda Saraswati...I actually found a copy on the internet and I'll definitely look that up to you but this seems to be what your looking for

Edited by - coleslaaw on Nov 21 2008 03:03:45 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000