Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Ascension, What is it ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  02:35:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Hi,

I was wondering if Ascension is different in each one of us, or what is Ascension to each of us ? I don't think its the same for me than for you or for others.

I can think that Ascension is to to feel connectedness with mother earth, or with Shakti, or Whatever, others can think that Ascension is the Christ consciousness, or happiness, or with doing what they think that they have to do, or having ecstasies, or spiritual orgasms.

We call the "Ascended" Masters and we think them as Gods, and we don't even know where were they ascended, if they really were.

I mean we don't understand the word "ascended", maybe each one of us has its own meaning, but this can lead us to an *invented* word.

Are we ascending by doing what others tell us to do ? All religions say the same, or is it just a "new age" word ?

In my opinion, I think that our "awareness" can ascend to a major understanding.

So Awareness and Ascending is the same. Why Not ? What about Transcending ?

The Shaman Ascends and descends thanks to its "Awareness". He is the same in both levels, no matter if he goes up or down.

Buddha was "aware" of others levels of consciousness,(Samadhi) so he was ascending, then he descended to the planet earth, all the time he made that, up and down, Is this Ascension ? or to be Ascended ?

But I would like to know what is Ascension for you.

Thanks
Neli

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  07:20:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Are we ascending by doing what others tell us to do ?

Yes. It all began when Moses ascended Sinai and handed us his tablets.

I think the ocean motif of consciousness or love would serve us all better. We are all drops within that ocean.

No "one up, one down" - which is pernicious.

newpov
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  07:34:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
We begin by following what others tell us, then the "inner guru" guides us. If we don't do daily practices, as many religions don't, we may always be following what someone else tells us, and only following the ego to decide what path is best. That may be as far as many people get in this lifetime, and who is to say it is wrong?
If we knew the complete karmic history of that person, we might say it is a good path for now.

For me ascension is nothing really changing in one's life, but the ability to live that life from an entirely new perspective. From that new perspective, everything seems to have changed. it is the ability to see through the illusion. And by seeing through the illusion, the suffering is stopped.
I don't know how other people experience this, but for me this is not a one time crossing over so to speak.
For me this ascension is a choice I must constantly make, or it will be made for me, and the default direction is not being ascended. It's not sudden, but just sort of a slow corrosion, like leaving tools out in the rain.
That's where daily practice helps.
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  09:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
We begin by following what others tell us, then the "inner guru" guides us.
On point. Your reference about tools being left out in the rain reminds me, I had a master in violinmaking who told me, "If you can do things my way, then I know you can do things your way later on."

Errors teach. This has happened again and again in experiments within the natural sciences, and we see this happen in experiments within applied spiritual science, if Yogani's experience is any guide.

I appreciate most deeply the archived personal experience available at this forum. While I am unable to benefit from most of it today, someday I hope to tap into it, and its availability to me then will be a gift.

newpov
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  03:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Etherfish,

Thats true that we begin following others till our inner guru awakens.
It's very hard not to follow someone, we were not made to follow our own selves. That's why religions exist, people cannot live without them, people feel lost in hell without a religion.

The ability to see through the illusion is to be "aware" and see beyond our own selves. Shamans do the same.

When we get into a new religion we see things in differents perspectives, even in Yoga, or Shamanism, or Wiccas, or even with Ufos. But That doesn't make us ascend or descend, we are the same, maybe more "aware" of our role in life, or more conscious.

I'm pretty sure that daily practices help, my father used to say that he felt paradise when practising his Yoga excercises, the one that can stand up over the head on floor and legs totally in vertical position in the air, he stood in that position for half an hour, I never could stand up over my head, its very hard, and more if it is for half an hour. He made that daily even at 82 years old. It was his way to attain paradise, he told me once that he reached ecstasy in that position, at that time, I thought that my father was a very looney man. He practised this exercise for more that 50 years, now I understand each one ways or perspectives. I don't know how its called this practice in Yoga, if this is from Yoga, cause he practiced Karate all his life, maybe its part of Karate practices, I really don't know, and have never seen anyone do the same for half an hour. Its too much blood to the brain !

Thanks for your reply
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

We begin by following what others tell us, then the "inner guru" guides us. If we don't do daily practices, as many religions don't, we may always be following what someone else tells us, and only following the ego to decide what path is best. That may be as far as many people get in this lifetime, and who is to say it is wrong?
If we knew the complete karmic history of that person, we might say it is a good path for now.

For me ascension is nothing really changing in one's life, but the ability to live that life from an entirely new perspective. From that new perspective, everything seems to have changed. it is the ability to see through the illusion. And by seeing through the illusion, the suffering is stopped.
I don't know how other people experience this, but for me this is not a one time crossing over so to speak.
For me this ascension is a choice I must constantly make, or it will be made for me, and the default direction is not being ascended. It's not sudden, but just sort of a slow corrosion, like leaving tools out in the rain.
That's where daily practice helps.

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  03:20:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I think ascend and descend is a natural process in life, nor bad or good, just up and down. Moses descended from Sinai and began the killings. Maybe he didn't know how to read, (the most probable cause) or forgot to read the tablets in his way down.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by newpov

quote:
Are we ascending by doing what others tell us to do ?

Yes. It all began when Moses ascended Sinai and handed us his tablets.

I think the ocean motif of consciousness or love would serve us all better. We are all drops within that ocean.

No "one up, one down" - which is pernicious.

newpov

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  08:53:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neli,
Yoga headstand is called Salamba Sirsasana
I think it's good to have blood in the brain - it balances being the other way all day long.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  02:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

etherfish

Thanks for the info, I knew it was from Yoga, I also think that it's good to have blood in the brain, although I haven't met someone doing this, and mostly for half an hour. Although I think this practice is pointless, maybe I don't know anything about. I mean he was not a Yoga man, only practiced this excercise, his strong point was the Karate, and I think Karate doesn't get along very well with Yoga people. (IMHO) but who knows.

Neli

quote:

Neli,
Yoga headstand is called Salamba Sirsasana
I think it's good to have blood in the brain - it balances being the other way all day long.

Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  11:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on the person. In the USA martial arts are often taught as only self defense, but originally they were a way of life including meditation and moral codes. For a while I studied ninjutsu, also a japanese martial art, and there were optional but recommended meditation sessions included.
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  03:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I think some people from martial arts take some teachings from Yoga,
many people also combine the two of them. My father was a strong fan of Karate, I never saw him in meditation unless his meditations were being made headstanded for half an hour. He practiced and taught Karate for a long time, maybe that's why I hate Karate, they always make that kind of unpleasant noises, I heard that all my life, thanks God I don't hear it anymore. I don't think that people are aware that that noise is very unpleasant to others. Of course not all martial arts make noises like that of the karate people. And I think maybe they have to do it, but to hear that noise for hours, is very unpleasant.

Neli

quote:

It depends on the person. In the USA martial arts are often taught as only self defense, but originally they were a way of life including meditation and moral codes. For a while I studied ninjutsu, also a japanese martial art, and there were optional but recommended meditation sessions included.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000