AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Life: the hilarious joke...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  12:54:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm not one to give much credence to dreams, interpretations etc. but this one made me pause...

I had a dream this morning before waking up, I was in a sporting venue, I had just won the game and there was a crowd of maybe 20 people standing in a close grouping a few feet away from me. I felt momentarily happy with myself for winning the game and then I found that funny and chuckled to myself at how absurd it was that "winning" could even matter at all. I then celebrated the win a little more exuberantly with a couple of fist pumps and some happy hollering and fell to the ground laughing hysterically at how funny it was to celebrate winning like that. It seemed to catch the crowd's attention a little and they looked over at me and then all of a sudden, I looked up and had a moment of profound recognition about my Self and the laughing went to another level as if this entire existence was just the funniest thing I could possibly imagine. I actually remember worrying that I was going to wake people up with all the laughing.

It's all a little foggy now as my day progresses, but a lot of understandings are staying with me, how interesting and entertaining it is to play the game of two, meaning "you and me". It's all a big dream and we take it so seriously and when we do, that’s the funniest part, complaining about life is hilarious in itself.

I also see that the idea of "no self" or no ego is not the full equation in the enlightenment process, but rather a recognition of Self in everything. The sense of “Self” is in all of it. I guess this recognition is more likely to happen once there is the realization that we are not all the things we used to take ourselves for and then at the same time we are. Wow, what a paradox and yet again another joke...

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  1:05:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful, Andrew.
Please share again and again

quote:
I also see that the idea of "no self" or no ego is not the full equation in the enlightenment process, but rather a recognition of Self in everything. The sense of “Self” is in all of it.

I am jumping up and down here....yes, yes, YES!

This is it!
So simple, isn't it?

Everything is allowed ......*laughing*......you, me, them....all of it. If the Self is recognized....all is joyous.....because I AM is all there is

Nothing can ruin it.

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  1:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Or as you say in Canada...or is it America....?

It is a Win-win situation
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  1:19:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gosh, Andrew.....I am still laughing.......

.......I was going to say something.....but I am laughing so hard....I'll come back later.........

****************__________*****************
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  2:29:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies Katrine, I feel such a warm nurturing from you that I am very grateful for.

Everything has been so ironic and funny to me today, I'm having a hard time taking anything seriously even though the recognition isn't completely with me right now, part of it must have stayed.

How funny that I had a couple of drinks last night (which I do seldomly these days) at a Halloween party and I woke up early this morning with my head pounding a little and not feeling so great, had some water and then found incredible solace and an end to any suffering by remembering "not this, not that" as I lay there trying to fall back to sleep. I use it often (netti, netti) any time a thought popped up or my mind travelled to discomfort I just reminded myself not this, not that, and not that either etc. I abided in the pure peace and fell back to sleep to have that dream.

It's so funny, all that divine love, purity, profound peace and holiness is something we all long for and the experiences are wonderful, but it's found right in the middle of the muck, whining, complaining, debauchery of life too. Hilarious, my word for the day!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  12:27:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, what a hoot to come back to forum and read this as the first post!

THE BUDDHA LAUGHTER!

How funny that you got it in a dream... since this is no more... than another dream!

Pure freedom in that realization! Pure freedom.

Please continue to report on your realizations! So inspiring!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000