Necessary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  12:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do understand that most people cannot search for God in any of those things from a separated state and find God. It's way better to go search inside first... I can see that too, Carson. I just don't see "parts" of God anylonger. The expressions ARE God. There's no way around it. If you separate the "expressions of God" you have divided the Whole... See, that's the functioning of the mind, to separate and divide...

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  12:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree. And I fully understand what you are saying, but I don't think veiwing life the way you are talking about is possible for those who are not already at least partially connected to the Source. There has to be a degree of inner silence before one can truly see God in everything around you. Therefor the best (and first) place one should look for God is within. That's all I (and Micheal) I think are trying to say.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  8:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Evolving Consciousness is not a static state, and neither is samadhi--it is a gate, and a further path with continued evolution, lies within. So we may say that when the silent witness never leaves us, even during dreaming and during sleep, then we have reached samadhi. While this is not incorrect, it is not exactly the end of the line either. In fact, it is the very beginning fo the line, so to speak. So we have realized our true inner nature as unchanging, infinite silence (hence, reached a state of Self-Realization), BUT, everything else is NOT YET appreciated as such. This is a state of duality. After this, spiritual evolution begins in earnest! We continue to expand awareness until we realize that, as the Vedas say, "Tat Tvam Asi", I am that, and thou art That and all of this is nothing but That unbounded infinite sat-chit-ananda." And still, consciousness continues to expand--in the ancient vedic scriptures, the rishis speak of 7 states of consciousness. Waking, dreaming and sleeping are the first "ordinary" ones. The fourth, Turiya, is the silence we experience during deep meditation--awareness alone by itself with no object of awareness, or Pure Awareness. Following this is the 5th state, what I described above, the state of duality, which the rishis called Cosmic Consciousness (CC), the simultaneous maintenance of waking, dreaming or sleeping WITH Turiya. Following this, the sixth and seventh, God Consciousness (GC) and Unity Consciousness (UC), unfold naturally and spontaneously from the firm foundation of CC. Certain signposts or symptoms may accompany this development, just as the witnessing of sleep by the silent transcendence of Turiya is a signpost of CC. As GC dawns, vision on the astral planes may grow–beings made of light or energy, auras, and other subtle fields are uncovered. In order to maintain this physical status, the body will purify itself of remaining sense-impressions, or samskaras, and there may be various internal energy changes as chakras realign or kundalini awakens and emerges. The development of consciousness from GC to UC is the loss of duality. The “Self” and the “non-self” can no longer be distinguished as different, because at the height of GC, perception finally tells the true story of Existence–”tat-tvam-asi”, all this is nothing but that infinite, eternal unbounded divine reality.

A friend recently asked me, “What is the most powerful force in the universe?” I answered without even thinking, “Love is the most powerful force in the universe.” She asked, “What is the purpose of life?” and I gave the same answer, “Love is the purpose of life.” And I thought, gosh, Love is everywhere, it must be at the root of everything–does it answer EVERY question? And I think that, yes, Love does answer every question. I believe that Love IS at the root of everything. In fact, when I look around at the surface of life, or when I peer deeply into the depth of silent Reality, Love is the totality of it all, the woof and warp of the fabric of Creation. When Creation is stripped of all the complex layers of relative existence, when the gunas grow silent and the true unified nature of Creation is experienced, then what we experience–”sat-chit-ananda”, or “unbounded bliss consciousness” of Brahmin IS pure Love, the content and constituent, the process and product is all nothing but Love. The Beatles had it just exactly right when they sang, “Love is all there is.”

And so… I conclude that the “godhead” (or whatever…) does indeed have an attribute–that the godhead, that fount of divinity which IS Creation itself, is nothing but Love–that when we love perfectly, we experience divinity, we contact god. Love and God are one. And so, the more important question is not “What is the most powerful force in the universe?” or “What is the purpose of life?” but rather, “Why do we love?” The answer–to know god. We love to know god. The experience of love is the experience of god. I know this today because, having lost my lover but not my love for her, I am left with the purest type of love, and I am beginning to feel in the emptiness of my broken heart, the fullness of god’s presence. Anyone who has loved their newborn baby beyond reason or boundaries has had at least a glimmer of this aspect of love–how loving feels divine, feeds us the radiance of life itself, and gives us the purity and power of truth.

This is a door that swings both ways–the door to love is god, and the door to god is love…
Michael

Edited by - mikkiji on Nov 05 2008 08:43:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

VIL

USA
586 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  9:12:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was a beautiful post, Michael, thank you for that.

Take care:

VIL
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  08:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I agree. And I fully understand what you are saying, but I don't think veiwing life the way you are talking about is possible for those who are not already at least partially connected to the Source. There has to be a degree of inner silence before one can truly see God in everything around you. Therefor the best (and first) place one should look for God is within. That's all I (and Micheal) I think are trying to say.

Love,
Carson

there is a degree of inner silence, in everyone, before they even look for it. How can you claim to FULLY understand emc, would youclaim to fully understand everyone? it is like reading poetry, then meaning changes depending on who percieves it. if we undersood god is within we may not even have to look within, it is the duality that thinks, seperated, not seperated, while god laughs and says "i am right here buddy and you need not look to find me" but we think search, non search. If yogani says "i am" and you understand that the first time you read it, search is over brother? Then you get to be one with the creating, creating? just my perception through that which i am

Emc, good words brother, i will let them resonate and manifest, thanks
may all be well
brother neil

Go to Top of Page

Steve

277 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  09:38:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steve's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Michael for sharing the Love so beautifully ...

Love and Light,
Steve
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  11:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil,

quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

How can you claim to FULLY understand emc, would youclaim to fully understand everyone?

You are talking Semantics here brother. I didn't MEAN I "fully" understand, it is just an expression, and I used it poorly. Please forgive me. I think emc understood what I meant.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  01:34:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Feel your own presence, and enjoy this paradise called planet earth.

Neli

quote:
Originally posted by tubeseeker

what MUST one do to feel the presence of God?

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  05:29:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi brothers Neil and Carson. All is well.

/sister emc
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  07:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Brother C,
semantics, yeah i agree, words do not fully express the feeling. so what you meant when you said i may have read differently based on my mood or feelings of what i read my humbleness (which sometimes is not a whole lot, just being honest with myself)to you brother
we are one in the same
brother neil

Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  05:23:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
think about what pushed you to ask this question,fell the need to have the answer,your inner god is what motivates you.purify your body and mind,after youl have great meditation and youl connect with god, your body its the puri the citty in which god resides,body mind and soul are interconected.for kali yuga there is no better way to feel god than god nama kirtanam.
Go to Top of Page

Chiron

Russia
397 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  5:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

what MUST one do to feel the presence of God?

I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2010 :  7:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
God is difficult to find, precisely because God is everywhere.

It's like a fish asking how to find water.

But it's not enough to find, one wants to feel God. Well, this trick is harder. Because in order to feel God, you must become like him. That's where it begins...
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2010 :  05:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Michael has got it ! imo and experience

LOVE

Awesome posts thank you !
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000