Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Dancing Video
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  5:35:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste All...

Had a wonderful day today....got a new job working in the "service" industry and got an interesting email with a link to a video that I wanted to share with you all. Hard not to watch it without pure joy rising within. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did.

Love,
Carson

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080722.html

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 30 2008 5:51:38 PM

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  6:04:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was absolutely beautiful. I was smiling and almost crying at the same time.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  6:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That was really nice...
I was listening to the song.. and the words sounded Bengali.. but I wasn't sure.. so I waited till the end.. and yes.. it is a Bengali song by Rabrindranath Tagore:

quote:
RABINDRANATH TAGORE'S GITANJALI
Stream of Life

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day

runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.

It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth

in numberless blades of grass

and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.

It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth

and of death, in ebb and in flow.

I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.

And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:58:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by YogaIsLife

That was absolutely beautiful. I was smiling and almost crying at the same time.

Haha, that was exactly how I felt too. Had a lump in my throat almost from the beginning.

Wow Shanti, you sure pick up on everything! I definitely noticed the choice of music, but never would have picked out the language! Quite an ear you have!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
Quite an ear you have!

Wish I could take credit for that..
I speak Bengali.. but it was a bit difficult to understand her accent.. so it took me a few mins to realize she was singing in Bengali.

Edited by - Shanti on Oct 31 2008 08:31:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:03:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you speak several languages then Shanti? Your English is impecable if it is not your native tongue. Good on ya!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  1:37:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Do you speak several languages then Shanti?

Yes.. many from India speak more than one language.

quote:

Your English is impecable if it is not your native tongue. Good on ya!

Thanks Carson.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  1:55:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

Your profile page doesn't list a country so I didn't know you were located in India. (probably coulda guessed if I thought about it though) Lucky you. That is one of my "must see" countries. I'm hoping to do a two month trip there with my wife in 2010, but we'll see how the money flows

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  2:03:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Your profile page doesn't list a country so I didn't know you were located in India.

Originally from India.. live in the US now.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  2:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh. Sorry to hear that. haha

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000