Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 AYP Eight Limbs of Yoga Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  2:52:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

The Eight Limbs of Yoga book is finished. This is the ninth AYP Enlightenment Series book, and ties it all together. The book includes a practice chart like the one in the Secrets of Wilder novel, only more comprehensive and fully explained.

The AYP direct download PDF eBook version (with audio introduction) is available now, with other eBook versions soon to follow. Over the next few weeks the Paperback and MP3 AudioBook versions will become available.

See here for information and availability: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#8lim
Or click on the "Eight Limbs" cover image in the right-side margin on any page of the forum or website.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  4:16:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Yogani
Have downloaded the eBook, a great read so far
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2008 :  7:30:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
A great book, thank you. A cutting edge work :)
Yogi's bestseller of tommorrow, I'm sure :)
Go to Top of Page

jupiter

USA
22 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  5:37:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit jupiter's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear that this book is out and the E-series is now complete.

Kudos to Yogani for getting the series of books on this balanced and optimized teaching out on schedule!

Looking forward to reading Eight Limbs when it becomes available on Amazon.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  10:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much, All.

Looks like the Eight Limbs paperback version will be ready and submitted to Amazon and other retailers next week, with listings probably showing up the following week. The audiobook version will not be far behind.

Amazon reviews are always much appreciated. It is one of the best places to share thoughts on any or all of the books, where many who do not know about AYP can get a first taste.

Will be taking a short break here, and then diving back into the online lessons, after a two year absence while doing the e-series. Still a lot of ground to cover in the online lessons. It's good to be coming back to where it all began.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

windh2o

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2008 :  12:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit windh2o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely on my "much anticipated" list...
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  10:41:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Eight Limbs of Yoga paperback book is now on Amazon USA (cover image, description and "search inside" to be added soon). It is also on Barnes and Noble USA. The book is expected to be on the rest of the Amazon sites (Canada, UK, Europe, Japan) in a few days. See here for all links: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#8lim (or click the book cover image in the right side margin)

The book is also now available for Quantity Discount orders direct through AYP, by itself or in combination with any other AYP books. See here on that: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1248

The AudioBook version has been recorded and is in editing. We should see that one out soon also.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

PS: For those who have read the Eight Limbs of Yoga book already, a candid review on Amazon USA (or anywhere) will be much appreciated. The same goes for the Bhakti and Karma Yoga book that came out this summer, which has only 4 reviews on Amazon USA so far. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  12:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

The Eight Limbs of Yoga MP3 AudioBook is out and now available for download direct from AYP and from Payloadz. Over the next month or two it will show up on Amazon, iTunes and CD Baby.

Links for the MP3 AudioBook (as well as Paperback and eBook editions) can be found here: http://www.aypsite.org/books.html#8lim

There is an audio preview there too.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  6:13:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked on Google and there are 91,000 entries there already on "The Eight Limbs Of Yoga". And how many books have already been written as commentaries on Patanjali's original treatise of this same title? I seem to remember there are something like 66 books already written on that. So Yogani, before I order your skinny book on this subject, could you tell me right up front: Have you found something left to say that hasn't been said before? (I have atleast three books on the same topic, and with the same title, gathering dust on a book shelf.)
I hope it's OK to make such an impertinent though candid comment. I imagine others have had the same question in their mind though not spoken. I guess I am a bull in the china shop. Uh Oh.
x.j.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  9:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
in my own opinion, yogani's way of teaching is definitely different from others.

in other systems you see strict implementation concerning the limbs where they have to be dealt with in order and a lot of people aren't able to go that way and are concidered not worthy if they fail up to the potentials.

whereas with yogani it's an easy process that starts with deep meditation first and the purification which comes as a result of that practice leads on towards the others and makes it more possible and easier for us to implement them.

it's a steady and automatic way in advancing spiritualy, one practice leads to the other...

plus samyama is mentioned and it covers the last three parts all at once, and this book combined with the other ones of the ayp enlightenment series makes it something worth while reading as with all yogani's other writings.

just my 2 cents on the matter at hand.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  10:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by x.j.

I looked on Google and there are 91,000 entries there already on "The Eight Limbs Of Yoga". And how many books have already been written as commentaries on Patanjali's original treatise of this same title? I seem to remember there are something like 66 books already written on that. So Yogani, before I order your skinny book on this subject, could you tell me right up front: Have you found something left to say that hasn't been said before? (I have atleast three books on the same topic, and with the same title, gathering dust on a book shelf.)
I hope it's OK to make such an impertinent though candid comment. I imagine others have had the same question in their mind though not spoken. I guess I am a bull in the china shop. Uh Oh.
x.j.

Hi x.j.:

The AYP Eight Limbs of Yoga book is not a commentary on the the Yoga Sutras or the Eight Limbs. It uses these as a touch stone and jumping off point to tie together the practices covered in the eight previous Enlightenment Series books, which, taken all together, constitute a practical approach to applying the essentials of the ancient knowledge for modern self-directed practitioners.

The subtitle of the book is, "The Structure and Pacing of Self-Directed Spiritual Practice," which is a pretty good description of what it is about. If you'd like more detail on what is in it, check the table of contents and the more detailed audio track list here:
http://www.aypsite.org/books-8limbsebook.html
...and here:
http://www.aypsite.org/books-8limbsaudiobook.html

The book also contains a "practice chart" for the AYP system, with supporting description. It is an updated version of the early chart found in the Secrets of Wilder novel.

So, for anyone interested in reviewing the whole AYP system, why it is what it is, how it fits together, and how it can be built into a daily practice routine over time, this is the best we have so far. We will elaborate further in AYP Easy Lessons Volume 2, whenever that happens.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

x.j.

304 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  1:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit x.j.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,
Well you really got my interest going in your new book! Guess I better go get a copy.
x.j.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000