AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 The nature of life
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  06:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I was listening to the radio this morning and heard a fascinating piece about cells, whether they think, the sounds they make and whether individual cells are intelligent in their own right. I thought others might be interested in this and its implications for the scientific view of the nature of life.

The scientist, who is lecturing on this at Cambridge University in the UK, recorded cells communicating and you can hear them on the clip.

However, the most interesting part for me was his stating from a scientific viewpoint, that he thinks cells are each a microcosm of the whole human being and that cells think independently and come together to produce human life.

The clip is available here, and the part I have mentioned is near the end - http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/toda.../7679259.stm

Edited by - AYPforum on Oct 20 2008 07:16:12 AM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  07:16:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  09:07:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kathy,

You might be interested in the Hatha Yoga book written by Yogi Ramacharaka. There is a chapter in it called "Little Lives" and you can probably figure out what it is refering to.

Thanks for the link. I had never thought of them "chatting" in this way before. I always assumed it was telepathic or something and not audible.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

k123

118 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  10:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yb

Thanks for the book suggestion, will have a look. Yes, it is strange to hear them. I had always thought it was some kind of electro chemical communication.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2008 :  1:50:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too am surprised that cells actually make audio sound when communicating. I always figured it would be resonating frequencies (like telecommunication) that would be the method of communication between cells. That and electromagnetic impulses. But hearing that audio was really odd for me. It sounded so 4bit to me. Very "coded". Thanks for the link Kathy123, was very interesting.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000