Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Unable to focus on the I AM Mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  9:13:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have been practising for slightly more than a year. However, for the last month, everytime I meditate, either I cant get into the hang of it, or I feel an obstruction to voicing out the mantra in my mind(like something in head blocking the mantra), or I lose the mantra almost immediately after getting into it.

I feel that I am not cultivating much silence.

Help!

Thank you and have a nice day.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  12:09:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi
Firstly stop worrying that will just make things worse. This actually means you are making progress .

I went through something similar to this some years ago the problem is the mantra is trying to become more refined and by trying to voice the mantra in your mind you are fighting it.

At this stage the idea of the mantra is enough don't try to say it mentally you don't need to the idea of it is all you need.

Just think of it thats all you have to do and when you find yourself away completely on another train of thought just think of it again dont try to say it clearly in your mind.

Hope this helps
Go to Top of Page

zzzMonster

Singapore
38 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  02:33:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit zzzMonster's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard,thank you for your advise. I also have the same problem in pranayama, whereby I am only able to trace from the root to the third eye for a short period of time, before either my attention wanders or the attention will not go to the root. Sorry for the OT here, dont want to start another thread in pranayama.

Thanks again, Richard :)
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  09:11:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again

quote:
Hi Richard,thank you for your advise. I also have the same problem in pranayama, whereby I am only able to trace from the root to the third eye for a short period of time, before either my attention wanders or the attention will not go to the root. Sorry for the OT here, dont want to start another thread in pranayama.

Same old thing just stop trying so hard and it will all come together above all don't worry about it
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:16:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello we all been through the same process, just give it some time and things will get better.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000