Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra speeding up until...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joyfulmeditation

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2008 :  10:13:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit joyfulmeditation's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
More and more I've been following the mantra and letting it guide my practice. Sometimes it goes slow, or "sounds" funny but lately it has started speeding up so fast that its like 100 mantras merging into one. I can't actually hear the mantra pronounced clearly at this point, but it still feels like the mantra if that makes sense. It actually feels good, but I'm not sure if I should let this happen.

Would it be better at this point to take a more assertive role and consciously recite the mantra at a slower pace? Or should I just continue to let the mantra lead me?

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  10:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JoyfulMeditation,

From MY experience you are doing it right. My meditations sound kinda similar. I don't get the really fast mantra, in fact mine goes the other way and slows way down, but I try not to be too forceful with it anymore. This could be something that is to be worked in-to though. The lessons say to come back to the mantra when you realize you are off of it. And that any and all distractions are to be used as reasons to go back to the mantra. But with that said, in my opinion if you are not "off into thoughts or distractions" then there is no need to come back to the mantra. That is what happens to me. Over time the space between the mantra repetition keeps getting longer and I end up using the mantra less. In your case you are using the mantra more. I say, if you are not "off into thoughts or distractions", and the mantra seems to have it's own idea of how fast it should go, let it. As long as you are silent inside at this time. That's the prerequisite as I see it. Hopefully someone with a little more knowledge will come by soon and correct me if I am wrong. Best of luck.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 28 2008 11:04:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

joyfulmeditation

Australia
4 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  8:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit joyfulmeditation's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carson, that was my intuition about it too. Thanks for the confirmation.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2008 :  11:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure....Glad I could help.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000