AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 deep meditation = stages of samadhi?!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  12:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste my friends,

just want to share some milestones on the way plus ask some questions that are related to the experiences i'm going through during deep meditation.

i've experienced samadhi b4 but 2 days ago i had the most blissful state of samadhi i ever been through during deep meditation.

and it went on during all my session and when my mind wondered it didn't just come back to pick up the mantra alone but to pick up pure bliss with it.

the kind which you would love to melt in, it felt like sweet honey but a lot better it was such an amazing experience and i wish it to each and everyone.

it was simply one of the most beautiful things i've ever been through, even far beyond what i imagined.

i even felt that i was baptized in pure bliss, and been experiencing such a beautiful silence inside me these last two days.

and since i'm still at the second enhancement mantra it seems obvious that there is more to come and just the thought of that makes me laugh and sing.

now concerning my questions:

1) concerning experiences especialy samadhi which seems to happen when the is complete surrendering and forgeting.

that has become an issue cz i seem to be expecting it just the moment it's about to come and that's pushing it away plus even asking this question is a push away for it.

my main question concerning this point is: does going through the procedure of repeating the mantra leads to samadhi even if someone was expecting such an experience was about to happen to him or the expectations are supposed to be dropped?

2) how many stages of samadhi are there?

3) ecstacy has become something casual with me and i can bring it on whenever i like, on the other hand bliss which seems to be something which is a lot deeper and more intense than ecstacy or ecstatic conductivity seems more hard to reach.

is the experience of that pure bliss conciousness going to be permanent by time if i stay steady with my daily practices which i'm pretty much hooked on doing?

and to the guys arround here who are experience it like that, is it heaven on earth or something beyond what you imagined?!!!

and can we share it with those arround us cz it would be such a blessing if one could share and pass such beauty to others?

this is the end of my questions and sorry for asking so much questions.

just wanna say that i love you guys, hope that didn't seem too corny.

god's blessings on everyone,

Ananda

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  1:13:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi ananda, here's my take on it :)

1- Yes, the procedure will eventually lead to that state even if you expect it. The expectation is still a barier, but the moment you drop everything, you enter. At least that's how it works for me.

2- As many as you want to divide it into :) There are for example the savikalpa samadhi, nirvikalpa samadhi, sahaja samadhi. The buddhists also have many divisions. Google it and you can read for many hours :)

3- I guess it's the answer you expect - yes :) once you start seeing the witness (yourself) in everything, everywhere, it's inevitable. Yogani calls that the dispassion stage in his self-inquiry book.
As for the sharing - that's completely automatic. Is there a way you could not share your state of consciousness, whatever that happens to be? It's reflected in everything you do, every word, action. If you're "high" yourself that's the best motivation for others, too. In it's completeness, I don't think it can be shared with anyone and everyone right away, but it's good vibrations :)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  4:08:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
that's very kind of you, thx my friend.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  4:33:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to give you my name, Neil
send me an email and I will send you my address. Look it up on mapquest so you can have directions to my house. Next time you enter this state, please feel free to float over to my house and tap my on my forehead or chest. While I am luaghing/joking, i am serious at the same time, if you want to do it I would appreciate it
I yearn for the day that I am at peace, however there have been moments of peace today.
we are what we think we are
i am part of that which i come from
brother neil

PS if you have not learned how to travel in this state, email yogani. This lesson should be called route 66
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2008 :  11:42:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
my main question concerning this point is: does going through the procedure of repeating the mantra leads to samadhi even if someone was expecting such an experience was about to happen to him or the expectations are supposed to be dropped?

I would suggest treating the expectation for bliss as just another thought and going back to the mantra like you would for any other thought.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  12:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thx for the suggestion dear anthem.

dear tube you have no idea how much i would like to share that experience with everyone it's simple pure joy i know now why some of these gurus are always laughing and chanting take papaji for exmple.

it's something too beautiful and too good to be true, hope you'll experience it plus experience something more beautiful than it cz there seems to be even more.

now concerning going to the states hopefully that might happen one day who knows, but right now i am too engaged in my life and unable to travel anywhere plus it's a bit hard for a lebanese to travel to the states these days.

light and love,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  02:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda,

quote:
namaste my friends,

just want to share some milestones on the way plus ask some questions that are related to the experiences i'm going through during deep meditation.

i've experienced samadhi b4 but 2 days ago i had the most blissful state of samadhi i ever been through during deep meditation.

I felt it too, 2 days ago (on the 28th), and I can still feel it now. It may just be coincidence, but that day was Divali. It was the biggest Hindu celebration of the year and more fireworks were set off all over India than you could ever imagine was possible. I was lucky enough to be sitting on a mountainside in the Himalayas and watched it happen. One in 6 people in the world live in India, and most of them would have been making puja (worship) in between their pyrotechnic obsessions. That's a lot of people on the plannet all praying and celebrating together at one time.

So if you want to know if it is possible to share human spiritual experience...

quote:

Expectations should be treated just like thoughts... notice them and then drop them and come back to the object of meditation.

quote:
is the experience of that pure bliss conciousness going to be permanent by time if i stay steady with my daily practices which i'm pretty much hooked on doing?

Yogani and others here say that it does become permanent. I am still at the stage, like you, where bliss, and the merging of bliss and ecstasy come and go.

quote:
and can we share it with those arround us cz it would be such a blessing if one could share and pass such beauty to others?

Somewhere in the main lessons Yogani says that by meditating we will automatically be helping people for miles around without even going out of our room.

I once met a Yoga teacher in India who used to go every now and then to see a yogi who lived in a small hut in the Himalayas (near Rishikesh). He said that he knew if the Yogi was at home or not whenever he got within a mile of his hut, because he could feel it.
In this way you will be able to share your experience with everyone around you. Whenever you feel it inside, something of that will pass into everything and everyone around you.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  10:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as always you never seaze to amaze, keep on shining my good friend.

by the way concidering the sharing, just reading your posts lets me know that it's true.

i bow to the divine in you, kindest regards.

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000