Yoga and Relationships
 Partnered or Not?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  3:54:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
My question is - how many people on this forum are married or have a partner?

The reason i ask is just out of wonder and interest. I might sound perverse or off here but i seem to find that almost everyone whose post i have seen is either married or has a partner, and to me that is a bit weird. lol

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  4:59:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi.

I am married, but just 3 months married. Why would you ask though? Why do you think that it is wierd? Maybe meditation helps to make us all more attractive people and everyone just wants to get with us.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 22 2008 5:15:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  5:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
weird, why? I think it is a good thing. Although I am not married or partnered At least for the moment
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  6:57:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm neither married nor partnered. I'm in my late 40s and have never been married, although I've lived with boyfriends over the years. I like living alone, and don't consider there to be a 'loss' in my life for not having a steady partner. And of course that could always change. But for me, the prolonged solitude has been a blessing, as I've had to search within myself to find the contentment that is often associated with companionship.

To each her own.
Go to Top of Page

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  7:28:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I divorced years ago after having a son. Parenting was great, but marriage was awful! Since that time I've wandered for life purpose, wondering what to do about myself spiritually. I'm finding nourishment at this Forum, often from those who have experienced other traditions and are finding their own way to integration.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2008 :  10:31:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Married for almost 25 years ... not for everybody I'm sure ... surprised my wife put up with my quirky obsessive behavior all this time.

One key thing I've learned from marriage is acceptance and contentment....and to enjoy the mystery.

Newpov ... I would not have posted except I saw this is your 108th post at 10:13 PM EST 10-22-08 (My current obsession is the number 108...I see it everywhere)... Best of luck on your spiritual quest! I'm sure by following AYP or any other practice you choose you will find what you are looking for....the guru is everywhere.

Edited by - machart on Oct 23 2008 12:41:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2008 :  03:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
When I saw the 108 in newpov's post I thought of you machart
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:20:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i am asking for a partner, as it has been said, "ask and it shall be given, seek and ye shall find, know and it shall be open" i ask to experience this love so if anyone has any free time in their samyama practice, send some love, or a love, my way :)
we are love, we are peace, we are joy
i am brother neil
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  02:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You and your future partner will be in MY samyama Neil.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  6:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

You and your future partner will be in MY samyama Neil.

Love,
Carson

thank you brother carson, I will also send a breath your way for fertility of child
may all be well for you brother
we are love, we are peace, we are joy, even if we dont know it
we are one
i am brother neil
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  09:01:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I got married in 1974, and my wife died of cancer in 2007, after 33 years together. She was my everything, my being and reason, my motivation to get up every morning and the comfort that let me sleep at night. After she died, I knew almost immediately that I could not continue my life alone. I met my current wife a year ago, and we married three months ago. I cannot imagine a life without a partner--I've never lived alone, and know that I could never do it. It is my path...
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000