Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Kundalini energy, whoa!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  1:40:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
So, for some time now I have been able to just relax into my computer chair and close my eyes, and experience an overwhelming vibrational explosion. The more I 'let go' the more intense it gets. Usually my ears will start ringing and I don't know what is happening. It also seems like my breathing just stops and if I come back to my breathing I move out of it. I do enjoy it, because it makes me think I am making (spiritual) progress. I would like to think this is my Kundalini, but I don't even need to meditate. I just lean back, close my eyes, and focus on it. Well, maybe it is some form of meditation since I have to keep my mind clear. I mean, I can barely do the breathing and postures so how is it I can do this? Something tells me if I were to really let go, I could either leave my body or perhaps go have tea on the astral plane. I am still dealing with a slight bit of fear in letting go, but it's decreasing more and more. I suppose I hold on because I am not sure if this is good and if good things will come of it. I just want to make sure I do things for myself that are good. Any thoughts?

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 10 2012 9:59:57 PM

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  6:24:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just what do you want out of all of this? Your desires are not clear.
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 11 2008 :  9:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
my desire is to achieve the state of what I believe they call samadhi? Or, what I can perceive to be a state of pure bliss
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  12:27:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just watch out that you don't energise your third eye too much. It can give you samadhi, though it has made me indifferent to many aspects of my life, being way too much in the third eye. Literally all I work on these days is the root chakra along with awareness of "nothing in particular".

Being too in the moment will enhance spiritual chakras most likely, though just know that you always have to remain grounded. Never really think so much of "just this moment", more so "past is present, present is future". Basically almost any spaced out feelings after meditating probably mean a bit too much third eye energy and not enough grounding.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  09:30:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ganesh,

Welcome to the forum.

Are you practicing AYP and if so how long for and what are your current practices?

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Oct 12 2008 11:45:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

Michael Beloved

USA
11 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  11:10:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Michael Beloved's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In chapter 3 . Vibhuti pada, Sri Patanjali described various states of meditation in his yoga sutra. There are many good translations of this book on the market at reasonable prices. I have written one with a commentary . The site address to my volume is :

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Sutras-P...823123&sr=1-

Your experience is one of a type of Samadhi. There are many types of samadhi even though we usually feel that samadhi is just one trance experience or intense bliss.
The ringing of the ears is the experience of naad sound. This occurs mainly on the right side of the head near the right physical ear. But it may come on the left side or from the back or from all around. This naad sound is an object of meditation and some yogis who enter into it. Patanjali also described this sound.

The four higher states of yoga which has 8 parts, are pratyahar, dharana, dhyana and samadhi. It is not easy to accurately define these states. Here is a simplication, so you can understand why your experience is a type of samadhi.
Pratyahar has to do with withdrawing sensual interest into the core-self. Usually were are extrovert, seeking what is external to the mind, But pratyahar is the exact opposite which is to withdraw our interest from the externals and to pull our inattention into the mind.
Dharana is when we make a deliberate effort to focus on something which is transcendental to physical existence. This something maybe sound, or even an object, or a place or something supernatural.
Dhyana is when we find that our attention gets tuned into something which is transcendental all by itself but for a short period of time.
Let us take the example of the naad sound. If someone has to make a deliberate effort to focus on that, it is a type of dharana but if he or she finds that while making that deliberate mental effort, all of a sudden for an instant, the focus takes place without effort, then that is dhyana.
And samadhi is when there is a focus all by itself without effort which lasts for sometime, for five minutes, say or for half hour.
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  12:54:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ganesh,
Love the name as Lord Ganesh is my ishta.
Almost everytime I sit to meditate I experience something very similar to you and I can in fact induce it.With me I enter into samadhi nearly everytime, it's simply a black void of a catatonic state.Everything slows down and I usually surface about 1 hr later.As I said I can sit and enter this state by will usually although I don't for meditation, normally at work when wanting a few minutes rest I enter voluntary. I don't think you need to worry as long as you are not forcing the state.If it is correct for you and natural then just go with it.I also experienced samadhi instantly when I started TM in the mid 70's.It matters not if you can do the postures, in fact it is not necessary to sit in posture and if you are not comfortable in posture then it's counter productive to meditation.Your results could also depend on where you where on the spiritual path in your past life.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  1:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hmm, just want to make sure, that the difference between samadhi and trance states is obvious enough. Literally, seconds into meditation, if I get nicely relaxed and just allow my being, I'll enter a trance state. My vision usually "darkens" a bit, my eyes, might open a tiny little bit, just so they make tiny little slits. BUt I usually meditate in the dark, and don't even notice this eye opening happening.

Samadhi for the most part, means mastery of a chakra on a certain level. It usually sets up a link between chakras. In that, you've burnt much of the karma in that certain chakra, and the link between that and the next chakra gets so strong, that your whole being will be more in tune with the proper harmony that's now present in that chakra.

Just know that when it happens, you cannot mistake it for something else, the third eye samadhi feels like such a non-dual state, you'll know for sure what it is. Most meditators do get a third eye samadhi, and yes, there are different levels or kinds of samadhi's that can and will take place between each of your chakras. On here, I think everyone speaks of samadhi as the third eye kind. It's probably the one that most feels like what enlightenment should, because it's such a non-dual state.
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 12 2008 :  2:00:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
First let me say thank you all for such wonderful and helpful responses. It makes me so happy to find such great people and resources. Thank you!

Christi, thank you for welcoming me to this forum. I am not practicing AYP since I have just learned about it. It is however very educational and I plan to continue learning here. Currently my spiritual path consists of thinking good thoughts every day, knowing that everything is perfect whether it seems that way or not. I also do a small amount of meditation, working with my posture and my breathing to cleanse and clear my body and mind. There is much more going on with me that I would mention but ultimately, I am just beginning.
Go to Top of Page

enlightenmealready

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Oct 16 2008 :  07:53:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What you describe sounds like the preflight to astral projection. I've experienced this myself, although I've never been able to completely leave my body. Take a look at a book called "Astral Dynamics" by Robert Bruce and see if that doesn't explain what your experiencing.

I'm still not experienced enough with either the Astral Dynamics techniques or the AYP techniques to understand how various trance states differ from each other, or why you go into one vs the other. Interestingly enough, Robert describes the ideal position for Astral Travel as being leaned back at about 45 degrees. In my computer chair, this is almost exactly the angle I get when leaning back.

I know Yogani holds that Astral Travel is a spiritual distraction, but I haven't convinced myself of that yet. I've been focusing on AYP now for about a year, but I must confess to having progressed further down the Astral Projection path before switching over.
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  11:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I can understand why Yogani considers astral projection somewhat of a distraction. Sometimes I think to myself, I don't want to have that type of experience because it's not my ultimate goal.
Go to Top of Page

RO0o

Argentina
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  08:48:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit RO0o's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ganesh why not experience OBEs at all? I understand one should not get distracted with it, but why not experience it at least once? It's a very nice experience. As I experienced it, once you let go, the sound goes like a Jet engine until you pop out of your body. Whatever you do or wherever you go, if you want to go back to your body just think of going back to it, and you will be pulled back.

Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  11:39:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ganesh,

quote:
So, for some time now I have been able to just relax into my computer chair and close my eyes, and experience an overwhelming vibrational explosion. The more I 'let go' the more intense it gets. Usually my ears will start ringing and I don't know what is happening. It also seems like my breathing just stops and if I come back to my breathing I move out of it. I do enjoy it, because it makes me think I am making (spiritual) progress. I would like to think this is my Kundalini, but I don't even need to meditate. I just lean back, close my eyes, and focus on it.

This sounds like automatic yoga to me. It is basically when things happen spontaneously, without you having to do any spiritual practice to initiate the experience. In this case it sounds like kundalini energy rising up through the body ( the vibrational explosion) combined with automatic breath retention (kumbhaka). The ringing sound is a classic kundalini symptom and is called omkara nada.
Kundalini energy can (and often does) move without meditation being involved. Whereas automatic yoga can feel really good at times, it is not necessarily the best route to go down in terms of making safe, and fast spiritual progress. This is because the kundalini energy (contrary to many people's beliefs) does not know what is best for you, and can open you too fast if it is given the chance.

The safest route to go down is to set up a practice of spiritual techniques (such as meditation and pranayama ) and let things develop gradually over time. Start here:

http://www.aypsite.org/10.html

If you feel the rushes coming on, and your breathing stopping spontaneously (either during or outside of practices), I would bring your attention back to your breath, instead of entering the white light. When you have been practicing a while and have some degree of mastery over the inner energy movements, then you may be able to engage in these kinds of automatic yogas without it being a danger to your system.

Good luck

Christi
Go to Top of Page

ganesh

USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  7:46:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit ganesh's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you all, once again. great information
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000