Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 A new 420
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  7:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends,

I realized a little earlier that some of my postings today could probably be seen in a negative light...so I wanted to post a something on the lighter more positive side of things.

Most everyone here probably knows about 420. The whole pot smoking 420 thing right? Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious for some here, but in case others don't know, among "chronic" pot smokers, 4:20pm is the universal time to light up. I, being one of these said "chronics" (purely by definition not by egoic choice) have always considered 420 to be a bit of an unspoken ritual as it works nicely with me getting off work around 3:30-4pm every day. But today I realized that for the past several weeks, 420 has taken on a new meaning for me. It means it's time to sit. And do my practices. When I realized this, as I looked at my watch for the whatever dozenth time, I couldn't help but to break out into blissful laughter. BEFORE starting my practices. I then proceeded to have a blissful practice session and I wanted to share it with you. I hope a few of you out there can appreciate this story.

In Love,
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Oct 03 2008 7:17:49 PM

shankar

Norway
35 Posts

Posted - Oct 17 2008 :  04:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit shankar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In the same lighter vein, Carzon, watch out, because in India, if someone is referred to as "being a 420" the said person is being pointed to as being a fraudster. This is because section 420 of the Indian Penal Code deals with fraud, and hence the expression "That guy is a 420"
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2008 :  3:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Haha, thanks for the heads up Shankar. I will keep this in mind next time I head to India and start asking people to participate in a 420 session with me.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  11:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of this "420 practice" until you mentioned it here....NOW (11-08-08 at 11:52 PM) I'm watching it on SNL!...kinda funny!

Edited by - machart on Nov 09 2008 12:22:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  07:48:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes CarsonZ, Shanker is right. Perhaps even the bliss it gives you is "fraudulent". ( ha-ha)
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  08:10:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
back in my wilder days I had a friend who's mom was a nurse. All except her took a 420 break, and she said "It doesn't make you feel good, it just makes you think you feel good. My friend said "Mom, it's the same thing."
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  10:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi krcqimpro1,

Weed doesn't give me bliss, it gives me peace and stillness of mind. And I'm really not smoking very much anymore all things considered. Just enough to keep my appetite stimulated as I have a very hard time physically eating without it.

Machart,
Still on the 108 kick eh? Haha. I can dig. I hardly ever watch TV though. Haven't seen SNL since I was maybe 10.

Etherfish,
Thanks for sharing that story...it put a smile on my face for sure. And you'd be surprised who all takes a "420" break....

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  08:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson,

A really nice example of some habit alchemy. Transforming the pursuit of a lower pleasure into a higher one. I appreciate it.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  3:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogibear. This is how I see it as well.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000