Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 the "dive"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  05:38:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Here's a happy post from me! With a question...

Sometimes in deep meditation when i notice i have gone, no mantra, no thoughts, i realise and go back to repitition of the mantra. This is meditation working according to Yogani's lessons. But then sometimes something will well up from within almost like i am "diving" into water, there seems to be light or something, and it lasts a split second. It almost feels as though i am going to sleep but it contains a feeling or quality of intense pleasure. This has happened to me quite a few times but i don't know if i am scared or something because i seem to instinctually pull out of it. All this happens in a split second remember. So, does anyone know what i am talking about? And what is this?

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  06:25:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great to hear, gumpi.

It's a typcial sign that you are going deeper and are starting to get glimpses of the Deep beyond. The pull out of it is common, since the nervous system just isn't clean enough to be able to hold those high frequent states for a longer time.

It sounds encouraging that the meditation is bringing you along in spite of all your doubts!
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  06:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi said:
This has happened to me quite a few times but i don't know if i am scared or something because i seem to instinctually pull out of it.

There is nothing to be done about this. The real 'cure' to this 'problem' is simple -- continue to meditate over the years.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  07:03:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi emc,

Could you elaborate a little on what you mean by "deep beyond"? Am i going to find myself one day piercing this thing and staying in it? Is it like white light everywhere? I am still curious about the spiritual eye. Perhaps the spiritual eye and the OM sounds are energy related matters independent of deep meditation? Hmmmm

The "getting lost and coming out of the darkness" experience is ok but i wouldn't call it "bliss". So you see, i don't experience much yet.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  10:29:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Gumpi, I have followed you for a while here on forum, and I know that you already know the answers to your questions. Ask yourself within and all the answers are there for you to discover again and again, and for as long as you need. You've heard it before: The guru is in you. When you stop asking... you are home!
Go to Top of Page

yogibear

409 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2008 :  7:30:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gumpi,

Something kinda similar used to happen to me. I wrote about it here. Don't know if it is what you are experiencing and I don't know exactly what it was that I was experiencing but you can read it for what it is worth.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=2699&

Like David and emc said, keep practicing.

Best, yb.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  12:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi yogibear,

Yes that does sound like a similar experience, except i haven't broken through to the other "side" yet! I definitely think it is sleep related, perhaps it is what being conscious in deep sleep is like. If so, i want to go "in there" because it felt like the most blissful, exhilirating pleasurable hit ever! It might be better than relaxing the heart considerably. I will have to try to go back into it again.
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  1:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My sense is that the 'samadhi' processes are to some extent (approximately) important brain-cleansing-and-ordering processes of sleep occurring during the wakeful state.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Oct 01 2008 1:41:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2008 :  9:46:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Hi yogibear,

Yes that does sound like a similar experience, except i haven't broken through to the other "side" yet! I definitely think it is sleep related, perhaps it is what being conscious in deep sleep is like. If so, i want to go "in there" because it felt like the most blissful, exhilirating pleasurable hit ever! It might be better than relaxing the heart considerably. I will have to try to go back into it again.

brother gumpi, I say this with love for you
look at your above post, you say "I want..." " I definitly think it is sleep related" "I will have to try to go back into it again" your mind once again thinking, analyzing. I had an experience once when my mind went blank, once I recognized it it scared me and I came out of if. I am not trying to go back there. You had the experience, people told you it was somewhat normal, now you are reassured, so now i ask you that you drop your trying to understand. For me I use to see a lot of visions in my practices for a while, currently I see very little. Currently my daily life is less suffering and more silence. I prefer the current. Brother, I can appreciate your excitement congratulations it seems as if you are opening up to yourself and going deeper inside beware of trying to understand too much.

last night I was at a yoga class and at the end people who knew the words/mantra to the song sang. I did not know the words. I had a deep feeling, it was awesome and some tears started. I then started saying to myself "this is so beautiful, the angels must sound like this, this is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard...." after thinking that the goosebumps went away as I was no longer being, i was thinking. so I went back to my breath and the goosebumps came back, I sat listening, not thinking.

be excited for a time if you wish, after a while let it go otherwise it may hold you back. You probably went to this state because you let go. I am happy for you and glad you enjoyed it brother.
may you bless yourself
i am love, i am peace, i am joy
i am your brother
i am neil
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  12:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think i went "into" it again today and stayed there for longer. It was like a rush of pleasure and warmth, alive, tingly. Does anyone know what this is? I am not sure that it is the same as "the dive" but suddenly this thing just came over me and it felt good.

When i wake up in the mornings i seem to feel sleepy and i have kind of semi-dream stuff happening but it doesn't feel deep. In my meditation today it seemed like i got to this same place, except the thoughts were quiet like the initial experiences Yogani speaks of about losing the mantra into nothing. I have to confess, it feels like sleep except sometimes i "wake" out of it to concentrate again.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  2:09:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello gumpi,

as yogani puts it, it's all just scenary on the way don't force it just let it be and come back to your practice.

it's all just deep purification happening, take for example what happened with me today.

at my rest time after deep meditation i just stopped existing and then came back all vibrating after 15 minutes or so.

i had some pain in my sushumna b4 i had this last session, so i self paced on kumbhaka and siddhasana and done my regular session and there it was i had this "dive" and when i came back from it all was well and swell and unlimited...

it's all just purification and with purification comes scenary along the way just focus on your practice and carry on you seem to be doing a good work :)

namaste my friend,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  2:14:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ananda,

i respectfully disagree. It is not just "scenery", it is an experience that keeps happening to me every time i meditate. It is unmistakable. So i do not want to not reach for it.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  4:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
this stuff happens with me a lot too, plus seeing the third eye and the white lights in and out ect.

but i do not reach for it i just let it be, this is not why i'm practicing my aim is enlightenment (divine outpouring love) and sharing that love with others.

in the end to each his sailing boat; where i see scenary u do not. (disagreeing is healthy)

kindest regards,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000