Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra enhancement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  12:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I have been meditating using the iam mantra for the better part of the year. I have also added pranayama, samyama, mulabhanda,sambhavi, siddhasana, and stage 1 kechari. I feel like the mud is being removed at a good pace and the last addition was Siddhasana about 6 weeks ago.

As far as the energy side of the equation, I feel/hear a constant humming/tv white noise type of thing. I also feel numerous prana? buzzes up the spine into the head as well as some that travel down the legs but not all the way down. These occur frequently throughout the day and they initally started a couple of years back, although limited to during urination (pre-Ayp).

I don't think kundalini has entered the picture because I'm assuming there wouldn't be a doubt if it had.

I had some symptoms of a heart opening a couple of months ago and that was on the rough side. Other than that I went overboard a couple of weeks ago when I had 2 solo tantra sessions lasting around 2 hours each. The energy produced from those sessions did require me to pull back for about a week and I reduced the practices to pranyama and 10 minutes of meditation. I feel better acquainted with the self pacing advice and realize it is just as important as any of the other techniques.

I have resumed the full roster of practices as of this week and am feeling good. I do not want to add another kundalini stimulating practice like kumbhaka but do feel like adding the enhancement to the mantra. The meditation has steadily gotten deeper and deeper over the months but I would say this has generally been more noticeable during the last month.

I do have a hectic schedule as a full time student so I can't really afford to go over and feel run down as I did a few weeks ago.

What I'm kind of wondering is whether adding the enhancement to the mantra will primarily work on the inner silence aspect or will it also equally promote the energy side of the equation. I realize it is not a either or thing but I would love perspective from others who have added the mantra enhancement. I have read the lessons, just wanted to get some feedback before deciding.

Thanks in advance

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  6:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi E,

Read a few of these posts to get an idea of what a mantra enhancement involves.

1)Mantra Enhancement

2)Mantra Enhancement

You may do a search on the words "Mantra Enhancement" to find more posts if you'd like.

Also.. Lesson 188 - Q&A – Mantra Design 101 will give you some idea of how the new mantra works on you.
quote:
With the first mantra enhancement (SHREE SHREE I AM I AM), we are
doing two new things. First, we are increasing the number of
syllables of the mantra. This broadens our sweep through the
subconscious, purifying a wider path through the nervous system. It
also slows down our descent into pure bliss consciousness, and brings
more of it out with us as we come back out. So, more syllables do
more purification and stabilize more inner silence in the nervous
system. Why not one SHREE, or three SHREE's? We could have built up
slower, beginning with one SHREE, and then added another one later.
That way we'd have two enhancements instead of one. I did not think
it was necessary to make the steps that small. Will we go to three
SHREE's? It is not anticipated at this time. With the second
enhancement added to the two SHREE's it is quite a good and long
mantra already. More than enough to get the job done.

The reason for SHREE itself is for a new direction we are taking in
the purification of our nervous system, expanding our mantra beyond
the familiar third eye to root spinal nerve resonance for the first
time. Expanding where? To the crown. SHREE takes us straight up the
spinal nerve to the crown. In the center of the head the spinal nerve
(sushumna) has a fork. It goes in two directions from there. First is
the route to the third eye at the point between the eyebrows. Second
is to the crown, straight up into the middle of the corona radiata,
above the pineal gland and ventricles of the brain. Right up through
there. With the resonance of SHREE in the crown we start to purify
that area in relation to the entire spinal nerve. SHREE is a phonetic
spelling of SRI, so it is not the same as SHREEM, per your question.

You already have a lot going on practice wise, and if you had an overload a few weeks back.. I'd recommend waiting a bit more before you add the enhancement. Only reason being.. you said.. "I do have a hectic schedule as a full time student so I can't really afford to go over and feel run down as I did a few weeks ago."

Before you add any new practice, its better to be sure you are stable in what you are doing right now.. and being over a major overload just a week back makes me wonder if you are completely over that overload phase or not. Maybe waiting a month would be a good idea.. but its your call.

Wish you all the best.
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2007 :  7:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti,
I think your advice is prudent. I will wait for a month and then reevaluate making sure I'm more stable with the practices.
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  11:41:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Eitherway...

Now that some time has passed.... can you say how the mantra enhancement finally turned out for you?

I have recently added it but can't discern any benefit yet.
Go to Top of Page

Eitherway

USA
100 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  3:45:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Eitherway's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Machart,

I actually followed Shanti's advice and stuck to the iam mantra. I cut down on practice times and left out siddhassana as well. My daily practice is now down to 2 mins of spinal breathing, 4 mins of dm, 4 mins of samayama and celibacy. I would love to do the full set of practices for the maximal time and add the mantra enhancement as well, however, I need to be stable in my energy so I can concentrate on and absorb large amounts of information.

My energy levels have been fluctuating wildly since I started being celibate (1 week of almost manic energy followed by 7 days where my brain feels burnt out) so that is the reason for the low practice times. I'm hoping this is enough to collapse the highs and lows to a stable, balanced level of energy.

How long did you practice the iam mantra? Also, how long has it been since you added the enhancement? I believe discernment of concrete effects might take atleast a few months if not longer.

Please update as you progress.

Take care,
Eitherway

Edited by - Eitherway on Oct 05 2008 9:45:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  7:46:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the update Eitherway.

I did the I AM mantra for a little over 4 monthes. I have only been doing the first enhancement seriously for about 2 weeks....as you mentioned, probably too early to detect any effects or differences.

My practice consists of 10 min SBP, 5 min YMK, 15 min DM twice a day (90% of the time sometimes less) and I usually try to do 1 hr of hatha at lunch or after work most days but it is usually separate from AYP since it is ashtanga like which can be fairly strenuous. I had been doing the hatha for quite a while before I found AYP.

I am married so am not celibate....I did bring up the tantra idea with my wife but she nixed it. Our sex life is great so I didn't push it.

I just sort of add a new AYP practice every month or so...don't know if this is too fast or too slow...So far no problems with wild energy swings....I think all the hatha keeps me grounded (and tired).

It sounds like you are very sensitive to the AYP practices. However AYP must be working for you since your contributions to the forum show great insight.
Go to Top of Page

harryramirez

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2008 :  02:08:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit harryramirez's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is absolutely true that religion preaches the good things and diverts our lives to success. Your post reminds me of one another post which i have seen at http://www.succcess.org/2008/09/01/...ry/#comments based on success in life. Your post also depicts the lesson of success.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000