New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2008 :  09:15:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neli,

Sparkle answered it beautifully.

Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  02:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Sparkle,

This reminds me the Jhanas state, I mean when one reaches the Samadhi state, we reach to a point where there is nothing, just consciousness, no senses or thinking, no ego, no inner self, we are just there, who? the consciousness, our conscious part that is linked to everything and to nothing, we are there without masks, without habits, or any other function that the mask handles. At this point there is no words, just the now as you said, and the now is pure consciousness. The ego dissolves immediately when one is there. But one can be there just for seconds, or minutes, or a short time. cause we really attain this state when we die, or when we are out of the body (IMHO). If we have desires we have ego, to be without ego is to be dead. (Just my opinion). Its impossible not to have desires.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by Sparkle

We have the thinking mind and we have what can be called the Big Mind.
The big mind expands infinately outward and infinately inward it has no limits, it is just empty space and yet:
out of this nothingness we have "genesis", which means - out of nothing - something.
That something is us, of course and the universe as we know it, and as we don't know it

At the point of where "nothing becomes something" or "something becomes nothing" is where we want to be.
This is the edge of evolution, it is stillness in action, it is samyama

To be at this edge is to live now and now and now and now.

To try and define this point or this edge in terms of logic or ego is probably pointless. It is probably what they call the "mystery".
However the mystery, whilst it may not be rational or logical, it certainly can be experienced.

If you want to define the ego as this "something" that came from "nothing" then this is one definition, it is our identity as an individual and yet when we reside at the point between nothing and something the importance or the attachments to that form dissolves away.
This is when the stillness becomes resident in form and when control of our lives floats away. Some might define ego as this "control" and losing this control(ego) to the stillness is "being" the edge of evolution.

my 2 cents from limited experience

Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  02:06:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Eric,

You are very right.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by eputkonen

Neli,

Sparkle answered it beautifully.

Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen

Go to Top of Page

1cleverPretense

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  12:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1cleverPretense's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
greetings,

Great topic neli and very thought-provoking questions as well. I, myself, am a total beginner at yoga/meditation. But I can tell you that almost by the virtue of introspection alone I can see conflict(s) both inside of me and,as a result, in my external life. And moreover I notice that I am noticing the conflict which brings up further queries. I have read works that attempt to explain this which comforts me for a while. Ultimately for me, there will be no reconciliation until I have some direct experiences of my own with "Reality" or something greater than my usual thinking and experiences. So for now I will stumble along as best as I can with the little that I know.

Found this scientist's experience inspiring..

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/...insight.html

Be Well

sf

Edited by - 1cleverPretense on Oct 03 2008 01:58:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2008 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Hi and Welcome,

I am also a beginner at K energy, but not at yoga/meditation. Yeah that's truth, it's kind of thought-provoking questions, but they are based on facts, cause we live in a human world, and we interact all the time with different kind of people, and here its a very important point that no one cares, when we interact with others we dislike. Here is when our ego immediately flows out, not minding if we are advanced or not. The important thing is to be aware when our "ego" interacts,and try to control it a little bit, cause its impossible to dissolve it, it would be great, but I haven't met not even one person that have no ego. I think no one wants to see their own ego,they prefer to ignore it, but I prefer to see mine and try to control it, or catch it. By our reactions upon others we can measure our "ego".

I have seen this film before, its really great !

Kind Regards
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by 1cleverPretense

greetings,

Great topic neli and very thought-provoking questions as well. I, myself, am a total beginner at yoga/meditation. But I can tell you that almost by the virtue of introspection alone I can see conflict(s) both inside of me and,as a result, in my external life. And moreover I notice that I am noticing the conflict which brings up further queries. I have read works that attempt to explain this which comforts me for a while. Ultimately for me, there will be no reconciliation until I have some direct experiences of my own with "Reality" or something greater than my usual thinking and experiences. So for now I will stumble along as best as I can with the little that I know.

Found this scientist's experience inspiring..

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/...insight.html

Be Well

sf

Go to Top of Page

1cleverPretense

USA
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2008 :  12:58:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit 1cleverPretense's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi neli,

I appreciate the warm welcome. This site is a terrific resource and makes me a little more grateful.

You make interesting points about ego/false-self :

neli - when we interact with others we dislike. Here is when our ego immediately flows out, not minding if we are advanced or not. The important thing is to be aware when our "ego" interacts,and try to control it a little bit...

When I read that statement I had no problems relating with what you were saying. Do you think perhaps that the ego is flowing out as it feels threatened at those times? Is it acting in a protective way? If so, what is it protecting? I have read or heard before that the ego's biggest fear is annihilation/ceasing to exist.
So I was thinking that maybe why it dislikes or feels discomfort at something/one is it may be feeling threatened as, in my experience, it tends to be so competitive/controlling with others and external factors.

I can wholeheartedly agree with you on awareness/attention being key in understanding not only the ego but just about everything worthwhile in life. I tend to believe it is a matter of what I want to PAY my attention to (and eventually do or don't) that determines in what sort of experience(s) I partake . I haven't met a person without an ego as well. Sometimes I would build up a person or two in my own imaginings but then would become disappointed when I came to realize that s/he was, after all, only human.

By the way what is K energy? Thanks again..

Be Well

shervin

Edited by - 1cleverPretense on Oct 04 2008 10:27:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

neli

USA
283 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2008 :  12:25:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit neli's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Shervin,

You're very welcome. It's not that hard to catch the tricks of the ego if we put some attention to our behavior towards others, mostly if we dislike others.

Sometimes the ego can feel threatened and reacts immediately upon others, and sometimes it reacts for its own protection, but I think most of all it reacts because of arrogance, I mean the ego always wants to be right, never wrong, it never admits to be wrong.

The ego doesn't like to waste time with others that are not alike, cause the ego is and always gonna be "arrogant", and "know it all".

I think the ego is protecting the false self (mask), our own conditioned mind is part of the ego.

I think the ego's biggest fear is its own annihilation, but that cannot happens, its impossible! Cause we are made of egos, we are egos, I mean our ego is "acting" all the time, and its very tricky, very smart to hide itself very deep inside us.

Awareness is a key to catch the tricks of the ego, but the ego is so smart, and will hide very deep inside.

When we talk with people that are different from us, be it muslims or whatever, we immediately react, and reject all that stuff (or people) without even thinking, mostly if there is violence included. Our ego does not "accept" others behaviors or habitudes.

I think an important role to defeat or control the ego is by accepting others as what they are, without trying to change them, just respecting them, and this is very hard to do, but even if we "accept" them and respect them, we know deep inside us, that we don't accept them, and that we hate them (behaviors) I mean the ego is very tricky and we trick ourselves all the time.

I think the word "surrender" is very important, but we can read it many many times, without understanding the meaning, even if we understand it, its very difficult to defeat the ego.

I haven't met someone without an ego, but this is normal, cause we are human beings, living in a human world. I have egos, but I always am trying to catch them and to be "aware" of them, to control them or defeat them (if possible).

If we are living in human bodies, we are always gonna have egos, we can struggle a lot to defeat them, and we can success for a while, but not that much. Gandhi and mother Theresa are good examples of people that could defeat their egos, but were they ? (manipulation and control are games of the ego)

You can read the lesson 83, (and others, as well) to understand the K energy, but for me the Kundalini energy is everything, Shakti awakening up from the spine, and travelling up to find Shiva, then make love, (union) and then many things can happen, wonderful things, one must feels it to understand it. I'm still learning about the K energy, cause it has many things. The more I learn the more I know that I am a beginner. I can be totally wrong, this is just my opinion, one from a beginner.

Sat Nam
Neli

quote:
Originally posted by 1cleverPretense

hi neli,

I appreciate the warm welcome. This site is a terrific resource and makes me a little more grateful.

You make interesting points about ego/false-self :

neli - when we interact with others we dislike. Here is when our ego immediately flows out, not minding if we are advanced or not. The important thing is to be aware when our "ego" interacts,and try to control it a little bit...

When I read that statement I had no problems relating with what you were saying. Do you think perhaps that the ego is flowing out as it feels threatened at those times? Is it acting in a protective way? If so, what is it protecting? I have read or heard before that the ego's biggest fear is annihilation/ceasing to exist.
So I was thinking that maybe why it dislikes or feels discomfort at something/one is it may be feeling threatened as, in my experience, it tends to be so competitive/controlling with others and external factors.

I can wholeheartedly agree with you on awareness/attention being key in understanding not only the ego but just about everything worthwhile in life. I tend to believe it is a matter of what I want to PAY my attention to (and eventually do or don't) that determines in what sort of experience(s) I partake . I haven't met a person without an ego as well. Sometimes I would build up a person or two in my own imaginings but then would become disappointed when I came to realize that s/he was, after all, only human.

By the way what is K energy? Thanks again..

Be Well

shervin

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000