Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Deep breathing in SBP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  3:16:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Howdy:

I've been doing SBP a few weeks. Still have some klunkyness. One issue is the full breath instruction. For some reason, I already use my belly for breathing, and my breath is very small, sometimes stopping too. When I sit, most of the time I immediatly feel a current from base to ajna and crown. So, I can gently breath and feel and follow the up and down of prana (no visions of tube yet). Its very effortless. Each breath cycle takes about a 5 secs. Most of the time the energy/attention wants to go to the crown.

1. So, my question is do I intentionally make the breathing deeper? When I do it feels klunky and seems to put too much energy into my head.

I think that past use of other techniques like Microcosmic Orbit, Da Free John's Conductivity, and some hatha yoga made the SBP easy to get into, but I want to make sure I'm dong SBP and not a mixture.

2. I don't visualize very well in the waking state. Yea strange. Last clear visualization I had was a precognition occurrence. Should I still try to visualize or have the intent of the spinal tube when doing SBP?

BTW, a link on the visualization problem: http://www.astraldynamics.com/biogr...lletinID=135
"If they are completely honest most people will admit to having a few basic problems with visualization, or that they just can't do it at all. But you will also find a few who will claim to have no problems whatsoever. These lucky few can easily see in their mind's eye whatever they visualize - just as if they are watching a little TV behind their closed eyelids, in their mind's eye. The lucky few with this type of visual ability are unintentionally a part of this widespread self-propagating problem."

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jo-self

Howdy:
1. So, my question is do I intentionally make the breathing deeper? When I do it feels klunky and seems to put too much energy into my head.

Hi Jo-self,
Do what feels natural, don't force.

This may help:
quote:
Lesson 41 - Pranayama – Spinal Breathing Sit comfortably with back support, and close your eyes just as you do when you meditate. Now, keeping your mouth closed, breathe in and out slowly and deeply through your nose, but not to the extreme. Be relaxed and easy about it, breathing as slowly and deeply as possible without discomfort. There is no need to be heroic.

Also this: Lesson 241 - Smoothing Out Pranayama
quote:

Originally posted by Jo-self

2. I don't visualize very well in the waking state. Yea strange. Last clear visualization I had was a precognition occurrence. Should I still try to visualize or have the intent of the spinal tube when doing SBP?

These lessons may help:
Lesson 96 - Q&A – Spinal breathing startup review
Lesson 44 - Pranayama Q&A – Finding the spinal nerve
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  7:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti:

Thanks for the pointers. I will read them.

--- Josef
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000