Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Beyond suffering?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  10:37:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have moved into a state where I have really started to understand how suffering is not necessary. It is a weird state since it is new, over the past month I have been in this state probably more then I hve in the past 20 years. It is kind of weird to realize, suffering is not necessary, where you are, you are there, no future, no past, only present. I also have realized for myself how most all of my knowledge is not that important and if I let it, it gets in the way of the experiece. This is different as well because I have in the pst been much of a thinker/analyzer. The basic thought is that when you drop all preconcieved notions it/God/me/us still remains. Definitely more silence/stillness at times uneasy in the stillness. when I think of the future I catch myself and either breathe or say to myself I am not there, I am here, unless of course I am planning my day or something like that where it is necessary to map out. Just random thoughts from a changing perspective who is not sure where it is leading but knows it is somewhere I have not been, or maybe I have and dont remember
with love
I am love, I am peace, I am joy, I breathe free and thank the teachers, I am of the one, the same one as you
I am neil

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  10:52:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful Neil.

Have you read Yogani's Self Inquiry book?
He describes this as stage 3:
3. Discrimination – The reversal of identification by
logical choices based on direct perception rooted in
stillness. This is more advanced relational selfinquiry
which is able to discern the real from the
unreal.
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  10:24:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dude, that's what I've been telling the voices in my head all week. They so don't listen. hehe

And then they throw beliefs at me, and then I believe some of it, and then it all gets pulled from under me... and then they do it again, and i do it again, and poof, you believe something, you have some attachment that can be used against you, and then... once again, they pull it all out from under me. It's been a long couple weeks. So... I currently hold the belief that I'm slightly psychic, and quite schizzo. and that all voices are ermm... mostly full of sh*te. except the cool calm collected guy in my head, he's cool.

beliefs suck.

This moment... rocks.

peace out and namaste folks :)

Go to Top of Page

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  1:10:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neil/Tubeseeker,

Excellent! A great thing to realize directly - suffering is not necessary. To see the possibility of not suffering at all any longer.

Namaste,

~ Eric Putkonen
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  3:21:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neil,

Beautiful post man....you truely are the brother I never had, haha. I am struggling with this exact thing right now. I no longer am bound by my own personal suffering, but I end up taking on the suffering of others instead. I know that all that exists is the here and now, and I CAN let myself partake of that, but there is still a part of me, that I identify somewhat strongly with, that keeps screaming in my head that letting myself exist in the here and now only is just burying my head in the sand and forgetting about my obligations to humanity. You no doubt know what I am talking about as we have discussed this on another of my threads. http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=4454. I often wonder if there isn't a better balance that we can strike between existing in the oneness (the here and now) and existing as a servant to the rest of humanity.(staying in the ego-based reality) Can we not be part of the oneness but still remain in the ego-based reality for the sake of the betterment of humanity? I'm not really saying what I mean very well, but I hope you can read between the lines and get the jist of what I'm trying to get across.
Love you man.

In Love,
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Sep 23 2008 3:49:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great Neil! Freedom from suffering.

And when suffering arises it is seen through as attempts to grasp at the transitoriness of things, and the suffering dissipates more quickly. We settle more in/as the real and the show goes on, only with us less immersed.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  5:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the very kind words/adjectives, dont know I got such high praise in grade school balance, I seek you,not in the physical form but in the emotional state
eputkonen, the crazy thing is sometimes the mind goes, ok so suffering is not necessary, so now what?
carson, well if I am the brother you never had, you implying I dont exist, ha ha

from my personal experience, when we let of of what we should be ding we become more creative, as evidence by my humor above, when we put humor in things, people enjoy it, laughing is good. In batmn the joker kept saying "why so serious" anyways, to the point if you say I should have done this, I should have been doing htat, etc..... you are callign yourself incomplete, you are creating expectations, this can lead to doing things because you feel you have too, not because you want to. If you do because you feel you have to you may end up increasing resentment, then your acts are not done with lightness, you think yogani's sutra is just so you can hop on your butthole? when you are light you can flow where the spirit takes you and whatever space you are in you can create. WHen you hold onto expectations, you hold yourself in place, it is a good thing the earth does not hold itslf in place or one half of the planet may burn and the other freeze.

Of course at work we have certain expecations demanded of us, do your best at work, when it comes to your personal time sometimes the best thing you can do for socioty is go out and have a good time and then when you go to work the next day you will be more pleasent to be around. By enjoying life and keeping lightness of air, in time you may end up needing less sleep, have more energy, and therefore doing more each day. There is a time for work and a time for play, if you want to teach others to enjoy life you have to enjoy yourself. dance, sing, play sports, etc... Yogani would say "live a full life" and do some "grounding activities" Maybe I went all over the place in my post, I accept that, could it have been better............. who cares know what I mean brother
i am
neil

Edited by - brother neil on Sep 23 2008 5:32:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  4:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You said "if I am the brother you never had, you implying I dont exist, ha ha"

DO *YOU* EXIST?

Brother Carson haha
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2008 :  5:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok smartass "you" got me on that one
i am laughing, i am peace, i am joy, i am love
i am neil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000