Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 What is “applied spiritual science” for you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2008 :  06:03:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Three years ago I had a falling out with two dear friends. It was while writing a letter to them yesterday to renew contact that “applied spiritual science” took on personal meaning.

I stole words from you. Beginners imitate, plagiarize, don't we? But that theft was a launchpad and it gave me energy to perceive a vision of what my life could and should be for. It's the destiny thing. Don't expect a whole lot of originality here.
quote:
My life moves on with substantially greater interest.

Instabilities and enmities are drawing to an end. I even enjoy a beautiful relationship with my arch conservative brother. We discuss Rush Limbaugh! You know us--can you even begin to imagine this?

[personal and family stuff follows here]

Since the “Secrets of Wilder” book by Yogani was important in getting me off dead center for a life with purpose, I wrote a review for Amazon.

My life has been grim, joyless, without vision for as long as you've known me. But today I have a glimpse of what my destiny could be. It's about time—or maybe it's about eternity, you decide. Correction: no false choices!

What I'm learning is what Yogani says, there's no need to wait. We can have it all now.

This thing called enlightenment is not an all or nothing that we have to wait around for. It's a continuum that evolves gradually in our everyday activities in-between our sittings. It is because of expanding practice that I can engage and enjoy what I can today, now. The realm of “heaven” is reshaping how I perceive and experience “earth.”

And so I am beginning two things. The practices. And just getting out there and living today. Each feeds into the other! Two realms in communication--it's like great sex!

The vision for myself is to live the “cross” of the yogic Jesus. Those orthogonal timbers are experiencing God within (this is heaven or the guru within all of us), and caring as I'm able for my fellows, notwithstanding our imperfections (this is earth).

It may be that “In the beginning God created heaven and earth” means that at some point in life, one must take a stand to live both timbers of the cross in order for a Beginning to occur.

Advice that has been passed to me. “Do what brings you joy.” I take this to mean giving to others as you are able, with no strings attached, and also doing your pranayama practice. Also, "Follow your bliss." This means doing the practice of deep meditation.

Enlightenment, then, this evolving thing, is something to enhance my life. And through my conduct and the practice of samyama, it enhances yours as well.

We apply enlightenment to whatever we are already good at--for me, this is writing to share my vision or formulation on the chance that it may also be useful to you--so as to make the world a better place.

This is the crux of applied spiritual science.

We are in-between creatures. Awakened men and women ...as bridges or transformers between the realms of earth and heaven ...as lotus flowers connecting mud and water to air and sun.

What is “applied spiritual science” for you?

newpov
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000