Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hey gals/guys
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:03:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I just made a big pot of stew, bought some bread and drink and I am going to go hang out with my homelss friends and eat a feast, how blessed am I to be able to do this, we will celebrate with good food adn good friends
Love to you my brothers and sisters
I am love, I am neil

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  5:32:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a great thing to do.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  8:06:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome, Neil. Beautiful. Rock on.

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2008 :  9:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it is quite humbling, I ate with brad, ron, joe, chris, daniel *7th book of the bible as he says :)) lester, glenn, and jessie. Jessie is funny, cant understand a word he says with his mouth full but he just keeps right on talking, lester got a haircut from ron after dinner, daniel said thanks like 75 times, chris is a nice guy, kind of low key Met glenn for the first time, joe is pretty cool too, brad is very nice and polite, his attitude helps him to make friends with anyone a happy guy who chooses to be homeless he also travels a lot. Made about 2.5 gallons of soup and it was all gone.

The humbling part is how thankfull the people were, all I did was spend a couple hours cooking, $20 for some veggies and bread, and you would have thought these people thought I spent my whole life preparing the one meal. I must say I was a little nervous about if they would like the soup, and it was a hit up untill today I would buy pizza but my conscious told me this may be healthier for them, especially since most of them tend to go to sleep early. One guy told me he did not really care about the food, he is just glad that we call each other friends.

It is just amazing how we can complain about life so much but yet there is so much we could be doing with our time to help out. Will these people change their lives because I ate soup with them, I dont know but I do know we ate in harmony and we laughed some too. They ask me about my life and offer words of encouragement

One of the biggest mooments in my life happened a few months ago when I was down. I told mark, who was not their tonight, I told him I did not care about much in life. He asked me why I brought food to them and I told him that it was because I felt I should do somehting for someone besides myself. He told me that deep down inside no matter how bad a day I was having that something inside of me did care, otherwise I would not do that, it really started to open my eyes to the fact that I did care, I have since expanded in caring.
just some thoughts
well I hope my brothers sleep well under the stars, I hope you all sleep well as well.

I am love, I am peace, I am joy, I am caring, I thank the teachers, I breath free, I let go of what is not needed and I am of the one, the same one as you
I am neil

Edited by - brother neil on Sep 20 2008 9:15:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  04:53:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Neil,
Thats great news.I feel humbled by your actions just reading of them.Coincidentally I was watching a show on UK tv last night called 'the secret millionaire'.
Storyline is within the series each week a self made millionaire has gone undercover and worked with those in greater need, disabled, underpriveledged people etc.Last night was about a guy who is worth £200 million pounds who went to Glasgow in Scotland which has the worst living standards in the UK and 1/5th of the population don't get past 65yrs old.He worked with disabled people in a horse riding school and a support centre for disabled, plus a guy who had suddenly been struck blind several years ago.Well he was really humbled but also felt priveledged to be able to work with them and dispel his predjudices that he had.Nice part was he was in a position to give funds to all he met to improve their facilities and continue the good work.What I couldn't understand is what that wet stuff was that was coming from my eyes.LOL
I guess this is the same as you Neil and if ever God's grace was going to descend on someone, I think you just moved forward in the queue.
With Love,
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  05:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Neil
That was a beautiful post to read - thank you so much.

quote:
He asked me why I brought food to them and I told him that it was because I felt I should do somehting for someone besides myself. He told me that deep down inside no matter how bad a day I was having that something inside of me did care, otherwise I would not do that, it really started to open my eyes to the fact that I did care, I have since expanded in caring.

How beautiful......how anyone and anything can show up as a guru in our life. How your openness towards him.....telling him you didn't care much about life (the version of it you were living at the time).....triggered his deep response to you in your need of meaningfulness. How your heart, through your depression, managed to engage you in the actual life that is always before us.....where presence resides.

Neil - you are a true example of the fact that Grace is always right were we are.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  05:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful story Neil, my heart feels warm after reading it thanks
a lesson for all of us.
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2008 :  1:02:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Neil, this made my eyes leak....

quote:

...The humbling part is how thankfull the people were
....he did not really care about the food, he is just glad that we call each other friends.
....It is just amazing how we can complain about life so much but yet there is so much we could be doing with our time to help out.
....no matter how bad a day I was having that something inside of me did care

May we all find a way to follow this example of grace in action...

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  5:31:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi Neil
That was a beautiful post to read - thank you so much.

How beautiful......how anyone and anything can show up as a guru in our life. How your openness towards him.....telling him you didn't care much about life (the version of it you were living at the time).....triggered his deep response to you in your need of meaningfulness. How your heart, through your depression, managed to engage you in the actual life that is always before us.....where presence resides.

Neil - you are a true example of the fact that Grace is always right were we are.

To all the kind words I am blushing and a little unsure as to whether I am worthy of such high praise, you people on here are too kind.

Katrine, The crazy thing was when mark told me that I do care, I was thinking to myself "this guy is homeless but yet he is still concerned about me, I am person who does not suffer from any lack of material things, My needs and wants as well have always been provided, yet he was concerned about me. I guess it just shows the love that mark has in his heart

Thanks again for your kind words of inspiration.
take care brothers and sisters,
we are love, we are peace, we are joy, we are one
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2008 :  6:26:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Devotee: "How can I find God?"
Neem Karoli Baba: "Serve people."
Devotee: "How can I raise Kundalini?"
Neem Karoli Baba: "Feed people."
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2008 :  03:09:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Suryakant

Devotee: "How can I find God?"
Neem Karoli Baba: "Serve people."
Devotee: "How can I raise Kundalini?"
Neem Karoli Baba: "Feed people."

Interesting...

Well done Neil...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000