Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 When to stop adding practices?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  07:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
In AYP we start with meditation, then when that's comfortable we can add Pranayama. With our Pranayama we can add Ujjayi, etc and later add Mulabandha, then Sambhavi, and so on.

I'm wondering where we should stop adding new practices if no ecstatic conductivity has yet arisen? For example, it's mentioned there is little to be gained by Kechari without ecstatic conductivity, so it's clear we don't go that far. So assuming we have been slowly adding practices over time as we become comfortable and stable with them at what point should we stop and await ecstatic conductivity?

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  06:18:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi gray

Don't worry too much about Kechari when you are ready for it you will know many people never ever use it. You don't have to stop adding practices
There are lots of ways to encourage ecstatic conductivity. Do you use Siddhasana? thats the most powerful tool for bringing about EC if you find it uncomfortable as many people do at first just use a rolled up sock or anything really to put a little pressure on the perineum, not too much it should feel pleasent in an erotic way, do this and ecstatic conductivity will definately come in time.
Go to Top of Page

gray

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  07:25:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit gray's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Richard,

No, I'm not using Siddhasana, I'm currently working on getting Sambhavi stable in my routine. My question arose from planning ahead really. What if we add Asanas, Mulabandha, Sambhavi and Siddhasana to our Pranayama but there is no ecstatic conductivity arising? Would one add Yoni mudra kumbhaka and continue adding, or perhaps one would stop adding things at Siddhasana?
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  09:21:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can carry on adding things as you feel comfortable with them EC will eventually arise you will almost certainly start to feel it when you add Siddhasana but if you don't feel anything at first there is nothing to worry about just carry on doing your practices there is no rush to feel anything at all in fact the more you keep looking for things the less likely you are to feel them. Everything will come together I assure you.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2008 :  10:41:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Gray,
I agree with Richard here in that you don't really have to stop adding practices to wait for EC to "show up". I'm sure you can keep going from sambhavi to yoni mudra kumbhaka and right on past samyama and bastrika pranayama, but I bet by the time you get there you will already be experiencing EC. Just stay focused on keeping a stable platform of practices and not adding things on too quickly and it will all work itself out. Oh and by the way, "looking" for EC is going to push it further away, so try to keep focused on your practices and not the experiences or "lack there of" and EC will show up soon enough. Best of luck brother!
In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000