Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 sudden realization from reading!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  9:01:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
For spiritual teaching, no word, no phrase is it. It is the curiousity that a word or event may inspire, it is not in the meanings, but in the action taken. The suicidal action of no longer being!! How difficult it becomes to drop all we are doing and yet theres no reason to drop anything, what I drop here is as empty as what comes immediately to fill the space. Where do things arise from? Not the phrase 'I am' or the question 'Who am I?' but the initial feeling, the starting point of awareness. Where the body comes from? Where does memory come from? Where's that voice coming from? From no where?

So everyone is equally there, abiding in self, not as one, not as many but as no one.

Hence everything conceivable is ego, ego is form (physical, subtle, whatever can be experienced). Every book I've ever read says in the beginning there is nothing and from that nothing is born something.

I have no book, I find the book, I read it.

Every single book I have ever read says this: Before the sentence begins there is blank space.

Always when I reach this place I know it is not 'me' who has come here through my diligent hard work and effort (fortunately I try and enjoy my methods as much as possible either way so its not TOTAL waste), this is a force beyond conscious choice, some chain reaction of cataclysmic proportions caused by who knows what? Some zen space monkeys eating themselves or something crazy like that.

But it makes me think, hmm. If this is all ego, if the meditations are ego, and ego is direct descendent of nothingness, it must be the purest.

What is the practice? All people have their secret practices and esoteric knowledge, whether they call it that or no.

Lawyers, Doctors, Yogis, Gangs, Garbagemen, High schools, Cattle herders, hermits, devotees, families. The pattern is the same with slight variation.

There is this natural organization everywhere, arising spontaneously that is beyond logic because, logic is only a part, perhaps it is not a part at all. Logic is the whole, it goes on and on infinitely proving nothing. Logic is the foundation.. and it goes on and on until I've completely lost the topic and begin to talk about sex and food.

That's where its at! word.

So this is my first realization in a very vocal sense, since I've discovered this site, great stuff, the techniques here are awesome, the discussion is rich, I feel like I'm falling in love again! I've been realizing this for a very long time but now it finally comes out in words that mostly make sense I imagine.

Anyways, hello world!

porcupine

USA
193 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  10:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit porcupine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Of course, thats not the final word on the matter. Who wants to be stuck with nothing and no one ever happened or will? "Delusion and ignorance" are ****ing miracles, I can imagine how long and how .much nobody suffered just to be able to fool his non existent self into being without some major pretending going on. The grass is alway greener on the other side. I guess in Buddhist terms, this would be the Supreme Enlightenment of Cliches and Other People Existing in a Concrete Fashion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000