Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Orbit in both directions?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  12:16:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have seen several discussions on wether the microcosmic orbit should be run up the back and down the fornt or up the front and down the back. I think it should be run in both directions simultaniously. Not necesarily while one is running it conciously, but to me it seems like when the orbit is running in me by itself it goes both ways at the same time. This also seems most logical to me because you get benefits from both types energy circuits. Probably the body regulates this by itself and makes one direction more dominant than the other at certain times due to the bodys needs. To me it also feels like my yoga practice creates energy going in both directions and that when I sit in full Lotus both directions are also opened. Many who practice Kunlun say it spontanously makes the orbit run in both directions. When a very powerfull practice that dosen`t try to conciously make anything happen in the orbit sets of a process, I think that makes it more likely that that is the way the process idealy should function. If, for example a certain energy pattern starts off after long time stilness meditation, that is probably the way it should run. What do you think?

(In Qi gong up the back down the front is most normal but some run it the other way from time to time. Runing it up the front and down the back is supposedly more energizing. In certain brands of yoga (Bihar I think and some KRia lineages) they run it up the front and down the back.
)

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 09 2008 12:19:55 PM

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  12:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Markern,

Could you be more precise about which MO (microcosmic orbit) you are discussing: fire path, wind path or water path.

I don't know a lot about Qi Gong but understood that running up back then down front is fire path, running up front then down back is wind path & running up spine then down front is water path.

Do you mean about reversing water path hence running up front then down spine and if yes, what is the name of this fourth path ?
Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2008 :  07:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have never heard of running the orbit as I am describing being characterized as a certain path. I have only read some people (mostly Kunlun practioners) who claim that their orbits start to run in both directions simulatanously. What I mean by both directions is that there are currents going up the front and down the back and then up the front again, and at the same time currents going up the back down the front and up the back again. To me it feels like I have currents going both ways, sometimes at the same time and some times only one way and some times only the other. I feel that full Lotus strengthens this thype of double current in me and that my Iengar yoga does the same. Wehter conciously running the microcosmic orbit both ways simultaniously would work well or be a good idea I don`t know it just feels like in everyday life flows in both directions seems natural.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000