Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Mantra "I am"
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Noi

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  12:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Noi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I have ordered a couple of Yogani's books and can't wait to get them. In the meantime, I had read through some of your free lessons on here and I came across the mantra. That instantly took me back through time when as a teenager I was playing an internal word game. I would repeat a word over and over till it had no meaning and was just a sound. Eventually, I tried "I" and a funny thing happened. I found myself looking out of and at other people just as they were saying "I"...it wasn't just one or two people though...it was like an instant connection to people all over the world. I found myself within and looking at men and women both...as if I had an all around view. I could see out of their eyes yet at the same time I could see their physical makeup. It was a cacophony of conversations that I couldn't make head or tail of though. I snapped out of it ...and it took me several seconds to recall who "I" was. That was my first taste of our connection to everyone and gave me lots to contemplate for many years to come.
I was wondering if others have had the same or similar experiences when chanting the mantra "I am"?

newpov

USA
183 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  2:14:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit newpov's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
wow.

no, I haven't yet.

was this the tower of babel?

welcome, noi!

newpov
Go to Top of Page

Noi

USA
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  2:44:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Noi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Newpov,

Thank you for the welcome.

I googled the Tower of Babel and that is very interesting. Though I can't claim to have seen it or even having known of it prior.

Noi

Edited by - Noi on Sep 06 2008 3:15:17 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000