Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 askinng for help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  6:54:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
how do you ask/pray for help from the enlightened beings such as jesus, buhda, etc... without recognizing them as God? I do realize everything comes from God
thanks
Neil

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Sep 03 2008 :  7:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samyama.
Ask in silence and let go. Not expecting anything, just knowing and trusting the silence (which has many names) knows and will grant you your prayer in whatever way is right for you (not necessarily the way your mind thinks it should be).

Edited by - Shanti on Sep 03 2008 7:35:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  04:26:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i second shanti's opinion.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2008 :  10:25:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you, you answered my prayers :)
Neil
Go to Top of Page

eputkonen

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2008 :  5:17:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit eputkonen's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome response!

~ Eric Putkonen
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  3:24:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found that prayer works, even if I don't have a fixed conception of who/what I am praying to. I just put my prayers out to the Universe with intense emotion and they are answered. I always get what I need, not necessarily what or when I want.

Namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

machart

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2008 :  5:55:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
"You can't always get what you want... But if you try sometimes... you just might find... You just might find ...You get what you need..." ...Rolling Stones...

The Guru is in......my old LP's

Edited by - machart on Sep 06 2008 7:56:29 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000