Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Can Hot Tubs & Saunas Harm Semen Retention
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2008 :  10:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Can Hot Tubs & Saunas Harm Semen Retention? Any thoughts? I know that prolonged heat can reduce sperm motility and lifespan, but will this effect yoga. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Edited by - AYPforum on Aug 31 2008 11:01:42 AM

ranjan

India
45 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2008 :  06:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by divinefurball

Can Hot Tubs & Saunas Harm Semen Retention? Any thoughts? I know that prolonged heat can reduce sperm motility and lifespan, but will this effect yoga. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Hari OM

Hi divinefurball

It is better to bath with cold water .sit in the tub with cold water

"The benefits of a hip bath
Take cold hip baths by sitting in a tub of water and keeping the legs outside the tub. This is very invigorating and energising. A cold hip bath tones and soothes the nerves of the genito-urinary system and stops nocturnal discharges in an efficacious manner. This is a general nervine tonic as well, as all the nerves are braced up.

The hip bath can be conveniently managed at home in a big zinc tub. Aged persons and convalescents can use lukewarm water. Wipe the parts with a dry towel and put on warm clothing.

Or stand up to your navel in a river, lake or tank for half an hour. Repeat ‘Om’ or the Gayatri or any other Mantra. Rub the lower part of the abdomen or belly with a coarse Turkish towel or a piece of Khadi cloth several times. This can be practiced twice daily, morning and evening, in the summer season.

Cold douches, spinal douches and cold shower bath are of immense use in the practice of Brahmacharya. Shower baths can be easily installed at home by fixing the spray apparatus to the tap.

Sirshasana, Sarvangasana, Siddhasana, Sukha-Purvak Pranayama and Uddiyana Bandha are all very effective in eradicating spermatorrhoea. Practice them and realize the incalculable benefits. Practice deep-breathing and Bhastrika Pranayama. Take long walks. Take part in sports.
"
By swami Shivananda

I feel that it is helpful for you.
Sperm plays a very important part in yoga it quality must be maintained and it must not be let out of the body.

Jai shri Krishna

Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2008 :  5:40:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Ranjan, thanks so much for taking the time to respond to my question! I take it you feel heating the testes will harm yoga, by damaging sperm. Please let me know if this is correct.

I hope it this is not so. I have a rare form of spinal arthritis, and recently got a small hot tub, as it is one of the few things that relieves pain, increases mobility, and improves sleep. Other options are addictive perscription drugs, and, or, fusion of affected joints.

I think I read Yogani as saying somewhere, that it is not the sperm, but some other aspect of the seminal fluid that is important for yoga. Perhaps the efficacy of this fluid might not be harmed by heat. I'm sure a lot of people interested in Yoga also use hot tubs, etc., for thereputic, as well a recreational purposes. So, I think it is a wothwhile topic for concern. Maybe Yogani could shed some light on this.

Thank You Again.

Respecfully, divinefurball.
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  3:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just an update in case someone, someday, might actually be interested in this question. Regular hottubbing does not appear to have reduced "ecstatic conductivity" at all. So, if there is a relation between the products of the testes and that, it would appear unaffected by moderate prolonged heat. If this changes I'll post about it. Regards, divinefurball
Go to Top of Page

mikkiji

USA
219 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  12:50:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit mikkiji's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a large 6-person spa on my back patio, set at 102F. I have used it regularly for nearly 10 years, for various joint and muscle problems. Although I also have over 35 year of meditation practice to stand on for my foundation, plus much advanced work in residence, my spiritual experiences have in no way been dampened by its regular use. In fact, I have, on occasion, had VERY intense tantric sessions IN the spa with my lover...
Michael
Go to Top of Page

divinefurball

USA
138 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2008 :  6:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear mikkiji, thank you for your confirming evidence! I think it is important to figure out these things. For example this seems to show that sperm count/motility is not a significant factor for progress in yoga, as has often been thought. Wishing you the very best, divinefurball
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000