Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Repeating the mantra quick?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coleslaaw

USA
17 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  03:42:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit coleslaaw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Aye, is it okay to repeat the mantra fast?..I feel most comfortable doing it and I can concentrate on it better this way for some reason..I have to say this method of Deep Meditation is the best one that I've come across so far..I've been looking for an effective meditation method for a while and I suddenly stumbled across a preview of Yogani's book and I had to buy it..My first day of practicing I became aware of my inner silence and the second day I had an experience with clairaudience..I've had them before but only in Sleep Paralysis which was terrifying to have them in Deep Meditation is a new experience for me though..I just wanted to express my gratitude for this book

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  07:24:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi coleslaaw

quote:
is it okay to repeat the mantra fast?..I feel most comfortable doing it and I can concentrate on it

We let the mantra find its own speed there is no set rule at all sometimes it can be fast and sometimes slow it doesnt matter, above all we don't try to control the speed of repetition and we don't concentrate hard on the Mantra we just come gently back to it when we find ourselves thinking of something else, sometimes other thoughts can occur at the same time as the mantra thats OK as well we just favour the mantra over them.

quote:
the second day I had an experience with clairaudience

Experiences like clairaudience should be treated just like any other thought just acknowledge them and come gently back to the mantra.

Hope this helps

Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  1:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Coleslaaw,
Repeating mantra quickly is known as japa and brings different results.It is used in some schools of yoga and results in a lot of energy being produced as part of the purification process. It can cause excessive cleansing if one is not careful.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2008 :  05:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
namaste my friends,

concerning the speed of mantra repetition wether it's an indian mantra or one of gods name in any other language.

i find the increase of speed in repetition comes automaticaly sometimes and there we should let the automatic process of yoga take over let's just go with the flow. (let go and let god)

it's the witness that takes over here, each time we start repeating a mantra it leads into automatic yoga cz when we are repeating it in the backgroung the witness takes over and starts cleaning the dust and reorganizing all the pieces which leads into ....

kindest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000