Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Celestine Prophecy?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  03:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I need some words of wisdom.
I have been studying most of my life. To a point that I promised myself I would never go back to school as a full time student.
Just one night I was thinking about a program and the name of the university then next day I discovered that the same university had open house at my work and I get some tuition reimbursement from work! Everything became ready to make me a full time student.
I know this is something I should follow but still becoming a full time student will take away all my freedom and my time/life will be dedicated to it– I know it I have been there before. I am not sure how I can handle it this time.
Any comments…

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  04:45:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you're passionate about what you want to take, I say go for it. It just seems like you're struggling against that "old me" that made that promise once.

Man, I love being a student, I can't wait to go back :). I reckon if you stay adamant with time management and such, you'll do great. I'm a freak of nature though, I've never had to try hard at school and I always do good and have plenty of free time. Procrastination my friend... it's another option for more time\life I suppose haha. You just need to enjoy coffee and not mind sleep deprivation every now and then (this is me being the bad example haha...).

2 weeks ago, the same question actually came up for me. I'm currently going into my 3rd year of studying music at uni, but I also always wanted to become a doctor. More specifically a surgeon. Trauma surgery would be cool, I think I have the nerves for that stuff. It'd be so much more school, like 8 years on top of the 4 for my music program (maybe less if I can squish the two together somehow, hmmm). Around 12 years of schooling haha, I can't believe I'm actually considering it, and I've yet to make a decision... but it's learning! I love learning :). I say do it. If my smart lazy procrastinating ass can even consider going to school for 12 years, you can do this!haha Oh man, I am definetly never gonna become a professional motivator. hehe

Edited by - Divineis on Jul 17 2008 05:18:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2008 :  09:42:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
are you on a spiritual journey? if so by doing this would you be putting it on the back burner? iF you make this commitment could you back out with ease if you choose to do so? will this education give only worldly knowledge and if so how much will it really help you in your future. With your current level of education how easy it it to find a job?
just thoughts
Neil
Go to Top of Page

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2008 :  9:34:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies;
At my current position, extra education will create more possibilities for me.
And as you mentioned I need to dedicate tremendous amount of
time and energy to it. In the long run it will pay off. But I am
just tired of studying. I am indeed in spiritual journey.

Love and Light
Maryam
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2008 :  12:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maryam

What sort of spiritual practices are you doing?
Have you tried deep meditation AYP style. I think you would find that the inner silence it generates would make studying a whole lot easier in fact when you have inner silence your whole normal everyday life becomes a spiritual practice even studying so you wouldn't be putting your spiritual practices on the back burner at all in fact you would be enhancing them.
Go to Top of Page

maya_1347

USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  10:19:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit maya_1347's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all the ideas!
Going back to my original query....
This decision making has nothing to do with my spiritual path.
I am trying to take the most of all the blessings and follow the signs -
at the same time I know the level of commitment since I have done it before.
I will go for it but slowly.
Love and Light
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000