Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Yogani just one last question....
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  5:47:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello...

I have purchased Advanced Yoga Practices today and I have decided that since after reading Wilder I should put aside any preconceptions that I may have and start with a totally blank slate...

Anyway on with my question (not that it will hinder my practices mind..)

Shiva/Krishna and those of blue hued skin...

Were they Human beings that had perfected the art and practices that you are teaching or were they astral or other type of entities...

Its the only question I have left after much contemplating that seems to matter but I guess it also fades back into the scenery...

Even if I never post again many thanks for all that you do here for others...

The Guru is everywhere...

Maha

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  6:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Maha:

The further we go along the path, the more obvious it becomes that the methods of yoga have been derived from observed natural capabilities contained within the human nervous system. The development of practices has been done by dedicated people working at it over many centuries. We could say such people have been devoted to a chosen ideal that propelled them forward on their journey of spiritual discovery. In that sense, a belief in something more is important, as it is in every far-reaching endeavor in life. This is the element of spiritual desire (bhakti), which is the engine of yoga. Then all we must do is act.

Yoga is like any other knowledge, gradually developed through the examination of causes and effects over time, with the accumulated knowledge of each generation being passed along to be further built upon by the next generation. Of course, this evolution has at times been retarded by rigid thinking, and the superstition that it breeds. We are working on moving beyond those limitations in this modern information age, and finding some pretty good results as we continue to pull many powerful methods of yoga together into an effective integration. That has perhaps never been done before in an "open source" way. So, here we are...

While something deep within us finds comfort in the belief that all this knowledge is being handed down from benevolent celestial beings, it is not quite that glamorous. It is much more a case of God helping those who are helping themselves. Calling it a partnership is a much healthier and progressive approach than waiting for the manna to fall from heaven.

Happily, the result of effectively applied spiritual practices is much more glamorous than any mysterious celestial hand-me-down we could imagine, because we become the thing itself -- abiding inner silence, ecstatic bliss, outpouring divine love, and unity. We come to experience ourselves as That. It is both glamorous and ordinary -- our natural condition.

So, there is a celestial being watching out for us after all -- our own divine Self.

Wishing you all the best as you move forward with your practices. If you need help with anything, you can find it here. Enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000