New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  12:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
what is going to happen in the coming years as 2012 approaches? is global warming caused by 2012 or by us humans and will this start rapidly excelerating? I read a book where it talked about how the earths kundhalini has now moved from tibet to chile but I am curious as to the insight some of you on here have. any good book recomendations on it?
thanks
Neil

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  2:40:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is an issue I deal with internally about every day. I have trouble even thinking about it. I'd love to hear how others on this forum see this issue.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  3:24:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I predict everything will keep going and stay the same. Come 2013, we will look back on it like the Y2K phenomenon.
Go to Top of Page

Balance

USA
967 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  4:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balance's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thlabshot will come from the planet Neeburu and flap us all!

Just kidding

It will be interesting to see what happens in this world between now and then. There are gigantic shiftings afoot politically and economically and spiritually.
Go to Top of Page

brushjw

USA
191 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  6:25:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit brushjw's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The belief in an impending Apocalypse runs throughout recorded history. This web site does a good idea of showing this:

http://www.abhota.info/end1.htm

I think it's a result of self-centered fear. If the end is coming, then we don't need to think about world hunger or wars or any of that yucky stuff, right? We seem to need to believe that our lives are somehow more important than those of the future.

namaste,
Joe
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  7:23:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good point.

But what about all the mathematical evidence? McKenna's Timewave Zero theory? The Mayan Calendar? The supposed multititude of cosmological anamolies?

I don't know a lot about this because, like I said, it really disturbs me as I tend to be susceptible to conspiracy theory and the like.

Edited by - anthony574 on Jul 13 2008 8:15:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  9:56:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
brushjw,
interesting points you make, and I believe there is much validity in that. some thoughts
The people in the US are more succeptible to disease then ever because of our terrible eating habits and lack of taking care of ourselves, this sets us up for wide spread viruses. All the people who only know how to get rid of disease with antibiotics may have a hard time if an epedimic occurs, who has a chance if this happens, Well I personally have gotten over illnesses in three days where two other friends who had the same were sick for three weeks, i just fasted and it was gone. I now have books that have breathing practices and postures to cure diseases, so if I needed to do more then fast I may have a resource.

The culture is in for a huge change because of rising gas prices, The way of life in the US is making a huge shift right now and it will only get bigger. How many SUVS that are not fully paid for will become too expensive to opperate, or are too expensive to opperate right now. What are people going to do whne their current vehicle is too expensive, and they dont have the money to buy a more economical one? The US oil reserves can only last 3 years by our current consumption rate.

we just had another hurricane that dropped 50 MB's in 24 hours, luckily it did not strike the US but the rate at which it strengthened is crazy

The current school system is having a harder time dealing with students, it has changed in just the three years I have been there. Everyone is getting choked by all the new laws and regulations, most teachers are very unsatisfied with thier jobs, not just the pay, and I work at an "A" school.

a lot is changing and it seems to be speeding up. maybe coincidence or hype by the media, but I believe it is more then that but I could always be wrong
Neil
Go to Top of Page

delta33

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2008 :  11:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit delta33's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all there is.. is now
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  11:11:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
also, if you look at this graph http://forumpolitics.com/pics/world...on-chart.jpg we have risen in population almost four times what we were only 100 years ago. if you take a drop of dye and put it in 5 gallons of water then it may not have much of an impact but if you put 100 drops, which is still not much, it will change the color of the whole thing
Go to Top of Page

Suryakant

USA
259 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2008 :  3:51:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a link to a page that presents a skeptic's attempt to debunk the sensationalistic glamour that the year 2012 has accumulated in contemporary pop culture: http://www.newagefraud.org/smf/inde...topic=1240.0
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  6:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMHO, I believe 2012 is the peak of the increasing spiritual energy, or "the ascension". Having said that, most people probably won't feel a thing. the average person isn't aware of chi. The increase causes an increase in spiritual activity, just like heat increases physical activity. Not good or bad, just activity.

i've heard of the possibility of a split between the world of the self centered and the giving people. I think that's possible, but is the split only in perception? I don't know, but it is supposed to be hard for people to take advantage of others after the split, at least if you're on the good side! and will a person be able to switch sides by changing perception as he evolves?

But something I've wondered is why do we think the mayan calendar predicts anything at all?
In the future if they find a calendar of 2007, do they assume it predicts something on december 31st just because it ends? Why should the Mayan calendar be more important just because it's good for a long period of time?
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2008 :  7:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If human beings have chackras and a kundalini energy signature so do the heavens...

No one knows what is going to happen with any real certainty...

Best just prepare using AYP techniques...
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  06:56:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
If human beings have chackras and a kundalini energy signature so do the heavens...

Hence the enigmatic saying

AS ABOVE SO BELOW

Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  7:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

quote:

Hence the enigmatic saying

AS ABOVE SO BELOW

I prefer within/without...

Go to Top of Page

jory

USA
9 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2008 :  7:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit jory's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Unlike 2000 when everybody thought the world was going to end because of one thing, with 2012 there are several things pointing to this one date. So much pointing at one date that it is pretty hard to deny.

I mean how can so many different societies, cultures and people all be pointing at this one time range--it is no coincidence.

Hindu Kali Yuga
Hopi Indian prophecies
I Ching - Timewave Zero Theory
Cherokee calendar - 2012 "Untime"
Great Pyramid stone calendar ends
Prophecies of the Q'ero Inca Shamans - Pacha Cuti 2012
Mayan calendar ends - 26,000 yr cycle - Galactic Alignment

Bible Code
Cathars - The Weavers
Remote Viewing Tibetan Monks
Montauk Project - The "Full out" in 2012

Crop circles point to this date
20+ recent channelers all getting this same time range
Law of One material - Ra
Matthew's Messages
Arcturian Material
Nostradamus

Solar Maximum peaks in 2012
Elliott Waves - Financial crash 2012
Exponentially raising Schumann's Resonance
WEBBOT Project

And just look at the current state of affairs as a whole of the world right now... something has to change. It will not and can not continue in this state.

My personal belief is that 2012 will be the apex of the turning point for this world. It is all building up right now with the weather, economy, politics, etc. and then this horrible regime of control will crumble away so that we can actually see the true light of life.
--------------------------------------------------
Mayans call it the 'end days' or the end of time as we know it. Not that the world is ending but TIME IS ENDING. In spirit there is no time--everything is at once.

Maoris says that as the veils dissolve there will be a merging of the physical & spiritual worlds.

Zulu believe that the whole world will be turned upside down.

Incas call it the 'Age of Meeting Ourselves Again'.

Aztec call this the Time of the Sixth Sun. A time of transformation. Creation of new race.

At least three calenders in different cultures end on this date! I hope this little bit of information helps to open your eyes some what.

Thanks
-----
Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  02:57:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
IMO, this earth will continue to advance at the pace it has been advancing within the past 100 years... within the next 100 years this earth will see more evolution than we have seen in the last 100 years... the rate of computer technology will grow exponentially... in comparison nothing will be different than the past century in development except that the new discoveries will be much more readily acceptable... anyone that expects the world to blow up in a cataclismic doomsday obviously hasn't lived through the past century first hand, because if you had experienced the increase in technology and knowledge then you would understand that the continuation of that process is natural and normal.. Most people can't even fathom the depth of how far computers can reach (into people's brains) so it's very understandable that people not accustomed to dramatic technological advances would fear such a change... It's my opinion that such things are part of the process of evolution and that withing 100 years we will look back on the technological advances in the same way our grandparents looked at all of the advances within their lifetimes..
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  09:28:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
but this time even the act of looking back could be changed by that depth you talk about of the computer going into the brain. We are on the verge of integrating computers with our brains. There are many areas of research making advances. A monkey can move a chess piece just by thinking about it. A blind person can see using electronics tapping into his optic nerve. same thing with a deaf person hearing.
The advance of computer gaming becoming more and more real will coincide with the interface technology, and then the whole world will change. Artificial reality will become real for some people. Wonderful for people with impaired senses. An escape for some. a way for others to control people. It's OK; this world is illusion already.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2008 :  6:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
more "advancements"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ma...icane102.xml
science cannot make medication without adverse side effects and now it wants to change the weather, God help us.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  01:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
with technology being the way of the future what happens when it starts to become obvious that many our computers, cell phones, microwaves, etc.... are causing us great harm. cell phones are new and the amount of time we are on computers has increased in the last ten years. There will be a huge growth in diseases because of this and it will be undeniable. ofhttp://health.msn.com/health-topics...11877&page=3 then science will come out and say the new technology is safe, but since science does not understand the human body we will find out down the road that technology was not safe either. People are starting to blame computers for things like ADHD among other things. so while technology speeeds up exponentially, wont our awareness of the harm these things cause speed up as well?

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  3:40:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
science cannot make medication without adverse side effects and now it wants to change the weather, God help us.

Tubeseeker, you seem to resent Science, and want to put it down, and speak of it as if it is a person who does things you don't like. If you're going to do that, why not also mention all the great things it's delivering us. Just for the sake of balance.
Go to Top of Page

mahabaratara

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit mahabaratara's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
with technology being the way of the future

I dont think it is...We call all live off the Earth there would be more than enough food and water for all...

With astral projection and God knows what else I have yet to experience the planet dosent need more technology...

Well it needs what would term a "Sacred" technology which is returning...

Could I live without all these things...

Yes...
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2008 :  11:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
david,
Yes I do have resentments towards science. Personally I htink going in and putting a broken bone back in line is a good thing. But I think changing the chemical structures of things and putting it inside people or the planet is playing in a territory that mankind does not understand. we have changed our food to grow faster and with less bugs but yet those hormones seem to have an effect that is not healthy. So what are the good advancements, cars that use oil which in turn effects teh earth, computers, tv's etc.... But maybe this is all necessary for spiritual growth to occur so in the end maybe it is all good. But all I understand right now is what I see, but maybe one day my view will change and I will see differently and as buhda said "if you realized how perfect everything is you would tilt your head back and laught" something along those lines
Personally I just think there are some things man kind should not touch and just leave alone. Science can never fully understand because of the unexplainable variable (that is what I call god)
just words
neil
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  08:03:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is superstitious to say there are certain things science shouldn't touch. What would be more realistic is to ask scientists to be more conscious and humane.

Edited by - Etherfish on Aug 05 2008 08:04:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  10:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Etherfish here. With every advance in technology there are people to say nature (or God or whatever) didn't intend us to go there. This probably started with simple tools and fire -- we certainly have myths about the gods not wanting us to have fire (the Greek one is the myth of Prometheus).... perhaps these myths reflect exactly what was going on in our far-ancestors as they started to wield the tool of fire -- many folks probably said the gods were against it, and who knows how much factionalizing and how many struggles and wars and power-plays went on over that issue for millenia, until the fire-wielders, enjoying the advantages of fire, just ended up on top, I suppose just proving that 'the gods' were on their side after all.

tubeseeker said:
But I think changing the chemical structures of things and putting it inside people or the planet is playing in a territory that mankind does not understand.

Well, who really understands everything about anything? Those who use herbs and 'natural' medications certainly don't understand everything about them and the human body either. And those who say nature doesn't want us using artificial chemical tools on the human body don't know everything about the body...

The proof of the pudding is in the eating, isn't it? Modern medications work many wonders, sometimes relieving tremendous suffering and saving and prolonging many lives, and in other cases making normal living possible where it otherwise is not. Some of the medications are not as good as they will be, and have undesirable side-effects. But is that a reason to resent science?

If a rescue vessel comes to a sinking ship with 100 people in it and manages to save 80, do we spit on the deck of rescue vessel and growl, 'Look, 20 have drowned! And of those who were saved, a lot of them got roughed-up while you were saving them!'? Or do we say, 'Praise to this ship and its patient crew! 80 saved of 100! And in future years, more than 80 saved for sure, and with fewer side-effects!'? We have a spiritual choice regarding which attitude we take.

Part of what is going on when science is blamed like that can be that science is blamed for the way it is used and abused. But in our imperfect world, all tools will get abused. All of them. Only a perfect society will use all its tools perfectly.

Edited by - david_obsidian on Aug 05 2008 12:17:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  12:40:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well david I can appreciate your response and you make many points, however I see things differently. People were meant to die so saying science has expanded the life of the average human, is that good or bad? It may lead to overpopulation, as we are now at 6 billion people. ALso, medication has gotten people to look outside themselves, if you want to be healthy and live long and find the "truth" then do exercises, eat well, meditate, and look inside. I can accept science that yogani preaches because it preaches self awareness and finding your own truth, not putting unknown chemicals into oneself and hoping that changes all.

also in regards to sicknesses, It is my opinion and I could be wrong, that in the next ten years there will be a huge outbreak of a disease that will be larger then the world has ever seen, many people in countries that rely on modern medicine will not have the ability to handle this, because modern medicine has made them weak.
Go in a grocery store and see what percent of the food in there is in its natural state, probably less then one percent. In the state of florida it is now close to impossible to purchase an organic orange tree now because they are trying to inhibit diseases. Diseases are natural and cannot be stopped. trying to inhibit them will only mutate them IMO. Mankind is so afraid of dying that it kills itself trying to prevent death.

But the good thing is your opinion makes me think of a different view and hopefully mine does the same. If someone wants to take pills during their life because they think it will make them better, who am I to say that it is wrong. The only issue I have is when it is imposed on the people who do not want the modern way, and that has been done in this world to a very large extint.
just thoughts
Neil
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2008 :  3:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tube,

ALso, medication has gotten people to look outside themselves, if you want to be healthy and live long and find the "truth" then do exercises, eat well, meditate, and look inside

People can over-rely on medication for sure and look for a quick fix with it when the quick fix isn't necessarily the best. However, looking for the quick fix seems to be a feature of people, and I don't think the availability of medication created that. We see everywhere the search for the quick fix -- in politics, religion, economics and so on, when the quick fix isn't the best.

But we don't need to have an either-or mentality about either doing our inner work and using our technological tools. Why not both? That's the way I operate. I practice yoga regularly and have for many years. It has improved my health. I am diligent. But I'm not averse to using the tools of medicine if and when I need them. Why not use the slow and steady fixes, and, when available and helpful, the technological (quick) fixes also?

People were meant to die so saying science has expanded the life of the average human, is that good or bad? It may lead to overpopulation, as we are now at 6 billion people.

Well, there are paradoxes there for sure, but not paradoxes that would lead me to the conclusion that curing diseaases isn't good. If humanity as a whole suffers from overpopulation, it will have to deal with it. And you'll probably find that the technology-savvy countries are much better equipped to handle it than the countries which are not.

It is my opinion and I could be wrong, that in the next ten years there will be a huge outbreak of a disease that will be larger then the world has ever seen, many people in countries that rely on modern medicine will not have the ability to handle this, because modern medicine has made them weak.

I don't see such a thing as impossible, but if that happens, you might find that it is NOT particularly those made 'weak' by modern medicine that are dying. Let's keep in mind that we are living much longer than before, and what used to kill us in the past was largely diseases. If such a major outbreak of diseases happens, I'll be tuned to science to try to find out how to save myself and my friends from dying from them.

Good talking to you,

Regards,

-D

Edited by - david_obsidian on Aug 05 2008 4:54:49 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000