Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Mantra Enhancement Experiences
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  07:40:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

After around 3 years of meditation with I AM, I recently moved onto the mantra enhancement SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH.

The first few days felt very deep and after that it looks like my same old I AM meditation. Also initially my meditation felt like chanting due to the mantra length (compared to the simple I AM which is more mental). I would like to listen to the experiences of others who have tried this mantra enhancement.

Please share any of your experiences with this mantra enhancement and any significant things that happened after this mantra change.

Thanks
-Near

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  08:05:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, just wanted to say that the first mantra enhancement would be "shree shree i am i am" ... what you upgraded to is the final mantra provided by AYP. Is there any special reason not to take things in order? :) In my experience the effects are really subtle so it may be better to upgrade to the full version step by step. But do as you like, I have little experience with mantra jumps :D
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  09:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,

I agree with Tadeas, you may find it easier to go one step at a time. I use the full mantra now, and the most notable difference that I found was that the "Shree" part has a direct effect on activating the crown chakra. I couldn't tell you how the other parts differ from the Iam vibration.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,

quote:
Originally posted by nearoanoke

Hi All,

After around 3 years of meditation with I AM, I recently moved onto the mantra enhancement SHREE OM SHREE OM I AM I AM NAMAH.

The first few days felt very deep and after that it looks like my same old I AM meditation.

I agree, progressing to the 1st enhancement as outlined in the lessons would be the next logical step.

For what it's worth, from your post, I may be wrong, but it sounds as if you are seeking something during practices, perhaps an experience of some kind? You may want to ask yourself what you are looking for because any "bells and whistles" during practices that come up are certainly not a measure of the value of practices. Experiences during practices are fleeting, they come and go quickly, easy to forget and don't really have any impact on our daily living. We will never be satisfied with experiences, always wanting more, this is the nature of duality. Why not try finding what is amazing about right now instead of seeking or chasing after something that doesn't exist?

It sounds obvious but to me, practices are to practice. I don't look for anything during practice but to do the breathing or repeat the mantra as described in the lessons etc. The value and measure of my meditation is how it makes me feel during each day outside of practices. It's easy to observe some of the real-life effects of meditation that help us to know it is really working. Overall, are we more positive in our daily lives, do we have better and more enjoyable relationships with those around us, do we notice that some of the things that use to bother us no longer do? Are we overall, happier and enjoying life a little more than we did in the past and do we notice that we don't spend as long in the "down" emotional phases of life?

These things are easy to miss if we are in a temporary negative frame of mind, but when we look back over the years from our normal frame of reference, can we notice the progress?

quote:
Also initially my meditation felt like chanting due to the mantra length (compared to the simple I AM which is more mental). I would like to listen to the experiences of others who have tried this mantra enhancement.

The mantra changes all the time for me, I never know what it will do, I simply repeat it silently within and let it go its own way, bringing my attention to it whenever I notice I am off. Sometimes it is longer, other times faster, sometimes more subtle other times more deliberate, it is whatever it needs to be at the given moment, so I let it be.
quote:

Please share any of your experiences with this mantra enhancement and any significant things that happened after this mantra change.

I couldn't detect any significant changes from using this mantra enhancement other than it has been easier to go over in practices and overall as a result, I have much shorter meditations. This could be a coincidence and due to the combination of practices or other factors, so too hard to really say for sure, but maybe others have noticed the same.

Overall I enjoy the mantra, I craved to have Om in my mantra for some reason, so changed to it probably more quickly than I should have a few years back. I do remember noticing that initially my meditations were not as deep as they were with just "I am" but over a couple of years it seems to be getting back to that depth again, but of course, hard to measure as it is all relative.

By the way for whatever it's worth, your statement "Same old I am meditation" can be a sneaky thought that comes up during meditation that we want to let go of and return to the mantra when we notice we are off of it. A friend of mine, when she first started meditation found her self saying "I am", "I am", "I am bored...", "I am so very bored". Once she recognized that "being bored" was just another thought to return to the mantra from, she was off to the races.

All the best!

Anthem11

Edited by - Anthem on Jul 09 2008 9:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2008 :  4:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok, so I tried the second enhancement today for the first time.
I thought I wouldn't go as "deep", which was the case when adding the first enhacement, but that wasn't true. I was mainly much more tired after 20 mins. It also gave me a very slight headache for the first few minutes, but now it's ok...
For the past month or so, especially since doing a retreat, the mantra got louder, it's become sort of powerful reverberation of the whole space. The "om" part of this mantra enhances this.
And that's it.
Go to Top of Page

Srinivas_Mallya

Singapore
22 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  09:20:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Srinivas_Mallya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been Practicing AYP for the last One and half Years. To take the Advantage of OM , I have shifted to the Second enhanced Mantra six Months Back. Since then I am practicing with this Mantra. Initially I had felt sharp sensation and Energy surges hits directly to top of the Head. I AM mantra sails smoothly at any given point of time during deep meditation, where as the Second mantra is like ploughing the rough field . Mantra itself may be irritating initially. Transition will not be smooth until Mantra Settles down in our system . Now Mantra has stabilized and I feel more Root to Crown activity .
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  6:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all the replies. yes like most of you i have also shifted to the 3rd enhancement mainly due to the temptation to have OM in my meditation. no troubles so far. no fireworks either. lets see.

anthem,

i understand that fireworks dont count for anything but its hard for me not to crave for it. i want to see some experience or do something which normal people can not do.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000