AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 meditation and childhood abuse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

glow

11 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2008 :  10:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit glow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i don't know if it has been because i began meditating 3 yrs ago but i'm starting to really face alot of childhood trauma. i know that i was verbally abused as a child but i'm beginning to believe i may have also been sexually abused too but i can't remember anything. can meditation help to resolve these issues even though i can't consciously remember the events? also is remembering consciously even important. i just want healing. my family of origin is so dysfunctional and the healthier and clearer i feel i get, the harder it becomes to be around their dynamic. any thoughts on this? i could really use some help here. thanks so much!

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  02:46:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
as you meditate, karmas will dissolve, and they'll go their natural course. It can be scary at times, but when you take the time to meditate, you realise "inside isn't so scary". Things get dislodged, and emotions will take place, but as you keep on meditating, going inside, being mindful and such... the "watcher" starts to feel a little more deeply rooted... you shouldn't really call the watcher anything though, there's no watcher without watched stuff, well there is, but that's different haha, no name for that, the cosmic mu.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2008 :  9:43:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by glow

i don't know if it has been because i began meditating 3 yrs ago but i'm starting to really face alot of childhood trauma. i know that i was verbally abused as a child but i'm beginning to believe i may have also been sexually abused too but i can't remember anything. can meditation help to resolve these issues even though i can't consciously remember the events?

Meditation can help resolve all issues over time, even ones we are not conscious of having.
quote:
also is remembering consciously even important.

I would suggest no, I have encountered many things from my past and remarked "hey that used to bother me, wow I totally forgot about that!"
quote:
i just want healing. my family of origin is so dysfunctional and the healthier and clearer i feel i get, the harder it becomes to be around their dynamic. any thoughts on this? i could really use some help here.
Continue to practice and one day you may very well find it much easier to be around them. This is not to say that you will choose to spend more time with them, but simply that when you do, you will feel at ease inside.

Best of luck!
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2008 :  5:09:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi glow,

Sexual abuse has been discussed here in forum before. I don't know if it's right on the spot about what you are asking, but is perhaps a little bit of inspiration.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1756

Love, emc
Go to Top of Page

glow

11 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2008 :  09:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit glow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all your comments!
Go to Top of Page

jellyfish

12 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2008 :  08:48:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit jellyfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is lots of evidence to say that repressed memories don''t even exist. I read an article saying that weren't even any reprots of it until the 1800s in any literature or record of any kind. Its a modern phenomenon and probably entirely untrue in my opinion. You create situations to heal when you go looking for them. Its like you beleive that happiness lies on the other side of probelms so the mind creates problems. this is another problem for you to solve but then another and another will appear. I usggest you just forget about possible repressed memories of abuse. I have OCD and I always think back to times when bad stuff might have happened and because I am looking for it my imagination creates it. Then I don't know whether it happened or didint. when i get into a better state of mind i always realised that it didnt happen, it just appeared as if it did because I was looking for some sort of reason for my suffering.

Check this out...

http://www.spring.org.uk/2008/02/im...-in-mall.php
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000